Future eyes color & high elves of the Horde

Remember:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618172710?page=1

If you want to play a fair-haired, light-skinned, blue-eyed majestic high-elf, sorry but…the Horde is waiting for you!

So, seemingly the eyes could become a separate option.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8402-Live-Developer-Q-A-with-Game-Director-Ion-Hazzikostas

One can imagine we would get more colors.

Then obviously enough, the most “roleplay-driven” color choice in the whole fluff is the eye color of the Thalassian elves.

For years, people are asking for playable blue-eyed high-elves.

On the one hand, there are awesome ideas about ways to put them playable Alliance-side.

• New skin and hair options for Void Elves, making PCs more “Alleria-like” (The devs seem not against this)
  • New Allied Race for late expansion, with stronger differences with VE and BE ( https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2382861-Official-High-Elf-Discussion-Megathread )

On the other hand, in this old thread I was thinking about a simple way to “gather” green, golden and blue-eyed high elves in the already-playable Blood Elf race.

• This would be a mere customization as eye colour option (no Allied Race required, thus easy to implement)
  • This novelty would be explained in-lore simply by the regular story quests.

This was the idea for example:

1 - The Void Elves are allowed and even welcomed in the Alliance.
2 - Clashes between Void Elves and “Pristine” (or “Genuine”) High Elves. Some cases of Void contamination are reported among the “Pristine” Elves, corrupting purity, spreading disgust and distrust.
3 - The High Elves (long term unfailing allies) think they are disregarded, and even mistreated, by the Alliance. All for the benefit of the brand-new, more numerous, more “powerful” Void Elves. The Alliance have lost values, faith, loyalty they think.
4 - On the other side, the Blood Elves envoy Halduron Brightwing to plead the reunification again, he warns against the inconsistency of the Humans.
5 - Indeed the Blood Elves are “washing” the Fel marks relentlessly since the Sunwell renewal and since the fall of the Legion. Many already lose their green eyes (except warlocks and magisters), getting golden eyes (cf. future models). Silvermoon is on the path of “Sun Elves” / “Day Elves”.
6 - Original High Elves split again:

=> One minor part becomes Void Elves (allegiance to the Alliance pride and stuff) …and are already playable. This partly explains “growing numbers” of VE.

=> One part joins the Sun Elves thanks to the Farstriders, in order to defend their values by “another way”, befriending the peaceful Taurens and the wise Frostwolves.

This story + PC option would work after Sylvanas is losing the control of the Horde, for obvious reasons. (Will she?)

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in the high elf thread @ Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race ?

2 Likes

Or better yet : shouldn’t this be nowhere ?

4 Likes

before this thread gets locked due to there being a megathread for this. we already have highelves and they are on horde side.

3 Likes

And Alliance side

They’re called Void Elves.

1 Like

I thought the same and it’s a shame because those wanting High Elves have been incredibly good at sticking to that one topic.

5 Likes

I don’t see why. This thread isn’t about high elves on the Alliance but about more cosmetic options for a Horde race.

There are a couple of reasons to add the blue eye option to the Horde thalassian elves.

First, there are already elves with blue eyes on the Horde. The high elves of Dalaran that join the sunreavers during MoP had blue eyes. There are a few other examples here and there, but I think there’s a more important point.

The sunwell, that has given blood elves golden eyes, is in fact a fountain of holy and arcane power. If elves can get golden eyes from being exposed to the energies of the sunwell, then they should be able to get the blue colour from it’s arcane energies, like they did before.

But I don’t want high elves on the Alliance, and I have made my voice heard on that topic. If I go there talking about blue eyes for blood elves I’ll be yelled down for being a troll. And to be fair, it’s not the same topic.

Does that mean that blue eyes for blood elves is now taboo and can’t be discussed on it’s own thread?

3 Likes

How about more cosmetic options for other races first?

Night Elves have their black eyes, Blood Elves have their golden eyes and Nightborne and Void Elves are the model faction swaps.

1 Like

I think people that want more cosmetic options for other races are well within their right to request them for the race of their choice. I however want blue eyes for blood elves, so I’m asking for what I want. I don’t see how one thing precludes the other.

But we have a massive forum post already regarding this topic about high elves.

Why do we need several topics about a race that is essentially, not important to the story, anymore. If you want to make your request, make it on the giant forum post - don’t create a new one just because “Let’s talk pretty elves on another post.”

And I’ll say it again - we have High Elves on both factions. Some call themselves Blood Elves, the others call themselves Void Elves.
Just like we have Night Elves on both factions - some still call themselves Night Elves, the others call themselves Nightborne.

This isn’t a topic about the NPC race high elves and whether or not it should be playable, but about the cosmetic options available to a playable Horde race. I don’t want to go back and forth about this a lot, not to derail the thread. So I’ll just say that I disagree with your opinion and I believe this thread doesn’t cover the same topic and so should be able to exist on it’s own.

4 Likes

Thats still going?
Not sure if its impressive or pathetic to spend over a year crying about Blood elves being playable by the Alliance but without the void.

But those cosmetic options go against the common lore and that is a sub-section of these elves (a very, very small sub-section might I add) are all Alliance/Kirin Tor orientated.
It goes against the already established lore and that’s not good. I’ve had enough of Blizzard going back on well established lore and changing it.

High Elves - however irrelevant, should be an Alliance NPC thing.

And I disagree with yours.

This feels more like an attempt to just talk about the same old crap, the pale pointy eared humans with blue eyes, but on a different thread.

Ironic isn’t it? It’s also ironic how it mostly seems to be the Horde who keep bringing this topic back up.

1 Like

And it’s a combination of Horde and Alliance posters who keep shooting it down.

We’ve got Void Elves and Nightborne as the allied race model swaps…we’ve also got extra customization with golden and black eyes for the original playable elf races.
Why do we need more things adding for elves? It makes us elf fans look needy.

You are though. You get extra customisation while some of us have waited since Cata for such things.
Sadly 8.2.5 is still over a year away (at best)

Like I said, there are already blue eyed elves on the Horde side. Some of the elves in Dalaran joined the sunreavers and as such became members of the Horde.

Here: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68758/sunreaver-frosthand#modelviewer:10+0
And
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70045/sunreaver-assassin#modelviewer:10+0

The main reason I want this though is because the sunwell seems to have cleanse the fel taint on some elves, and they now have golden eyes. You could make the case that this is due to some individuals being heavy magic users. But then why aren’t heavy arcane users also cleansed?

I don’t want my mage, for instance, to have golden eyes as if he was a priest or paladin, but I also don’t want him to be corrupted. For him, and for others elves that are mostly arcane aligned, it would make sense to have blue eyes.

4 Likes

Oh look, another high elf thread…
If I see anything with blue eyes, should be on the elves that play blue side, because lore and all that nonsense. Yellow and green is good enough, how about more hairstyles for regular orcs? Tattoos for tauren? More troll options?

1 Like

I never asked for golden or black eyes. It’s nice we’ve got them, but such things are in now and we should be happy with them.

Spouting on about high elf eye colour on horde or high elf allied race isn’t going to make Blizzard change their minds instantly. We could have 12 threads about high elves now, they still wouldn’t put them in the game in any form. Why? Because they aren’t relevant.

That is very much, very old lore and I am 99% certain, whereby this is even picked up on, their blue eyes were a mistake.

Because it’s possible that due to the Sunwell being a part-holy source, the golden eyes are the newest thing.
Some Magi could have golden eyes, whereas others like Warlocks will still have green eyes.

Also, Blizzard simply isn’t developing blood elf mage lore in a way whereby this change is meaningful.
They are focusing on blood knight lore, and Horde Mage lore is strictly with the Nightborne

Well, it’s a bit tough isn’t it. Nightborne are the new mages on Horde side. More focus will be put into their arcane side, than blood elves and that’s fine with me.

Now you might not like this because you might see this as “Oh no, ugly night elves are taking spotlight off my pretty blood elves!!” but, I love the nightborne mage lore and I welcome this shift.

Blue eyes is asset of high elves that stayed on alliance, if anything you should argue for red eyes, for it is color of the Horde, it’ll come along with some undeath, but it’s the price you should be willing to pay.