Future hunter

Hi people,

I know that the MM hunter is not in a good period currently and that I am a recent player but I really want to create one as a main character.

Reading some people I have the impression that it’s unplayable… Please reassure me, I’m not at risk of being penalized? I am a very patient person in general despite the difficulties

I love pvp in all its forms but particularly bg as well as open world.

I’m asking you this because I’ve never played a remote character in an MMO so it scares me a little, but the desire is really there.

Currently I’m playing enhancement and I’m reading the same thing about it, yet I’m doing pretty well even though I haven’t started ranked yet, is it really much worse than for enhancement?

The aesthetics of bows and arrows make me dream ^^

Hey

It is true MM hunter is in a bad spot in end-game content. It dies to random boss dmg from raids fastest of all classes (hunter in general) and MM has trouble to do its full rotation in arena, unlike BM and survival which everything is instant.
I strongly advice against playing arena as MM in the beginning.
It is a complex spec to play in arena, and its not 1 2 3 like BM. It is a very hard spec to master in arena, and if you cant kite; you’re toast.

If your going to mainly play BGs and WPvP, then your on the right path.
Your going to have a fun time in wPvP always getting the upper hand with Sniper Shot (65yd) from camouflage blasting peoples health.

BGs are our safest environment of all content where we can sit behind our team and fully do our rotation unhindered. Go for mastery as much as possible: it increases your range. Because of our long range you wont get focused as much, you eat less dmg and die rarely. You can just sit back and chill doing big damage :slight_smile:
*Learn to kite in BGs and you will be able to kite anyone you want, unless its a rogue. Takes a bit skill to kite rogues, but its possible.

Important tips on how to maximixe your DMG: Your primary target is going to be cloth and leather. We do good dmg on those, while on plate classes is minimal.
MM talents:
*Go with Trueshot build all the way down to ‘Calling the shots’ (2,5 sec reduced on trueshot every 50 focus spent)

*Go with Multi-Shot, Trick Shots, Bombardment. No need to pick volley anymore, as our 2-set has it. It procs volley after using Multi-Shot. Bombardment talent using Kill Shot will also apply Trick Shots. You get Kill Shot procs from Aimed/Rapid: its a must to have Razor Fragments talent aswell.

*Lock and Load

*Light ammo talent also does decent damage, but you have to give up Dead Eye (2killshot charges) or Bursting Shot. This is more of an personal choice, its not like your losing that much dmg from not having Light ammo talent. I prefer to have Bursting Shot to kite more effectively and 2 charges of kill shot (talent) to finish people off easier.

Take steel trap, tar trap and scooter. This is mandatory to optimize your kiting. Intimidation/Explosive are on the same node. Both are good, try both out and find out what you like to play with the most.

*PvP talents
*Chimaeral Sting (3sec silence) to pressure enemy healers.
*Survival Tactics. You take 90% reduced damage for 3 sec.
*Trueshot Mastery. Reduces Trueshot by 20 sec and gain 100 Focus.
*Sniper Shot. Increases your range by 40% after firing it.

I usually go with Trueshot Mastery in BGs to have more burst up-time. However, sometimes I replace Trueshot Mastery with Sniper Shot, but only in wPvP to have an advantage over someone.

Trueshot Mastery PvP talent goes well with Calling the Shots talent. Both combined will get your Trueshot down to around 1 min depending on how much you spend Focus. Because of this Trueshot Mastery is a better pick than Sniper Shot in BGs. (PvP talents)

In the end: Only cons is it can be very addictive to play MM in BGs once you play it :slight_smile:

Once you get your MM hunter to max level and want to learn in-depth about the spec, and still have lots of questions, I am able to help you in-game and show you how everything works - free of charge.

2 Likes

Thank you very much !

To tell the truth, the survival and MM spec interests me.

I hesitated for a long time to go up to main outlaw rogue for the fugitive and pirate theme but it’s the one and only spec that I want on rogue.

This is why I chose the hunter because it combines the aesthetics that I like and several specs that interest me. Of course gameplay is also important to me ^^

I will come back to you once my character is ready.

Thanks again to you

Hey,

I would highly recommend MM hunter as it is super fun. It currently struggles in end-game PVP content, but if you’re new, and are just starting, you’ll have a lot of fun along the way.

MM is super strong in battlegrounds, skirmishes, unorganized PVP as a whole. Viability in arena varies patch by patch, but I’d never choose what to play based on that. These things change all the time.

Also, as MM you have a lot of potential to grow and get better, even if the rotation is simple.

Good luck!

As of right now, I would not recommend going hunter, if you only intend to do MM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.