Fyr'alath drop chance is a scam

Today was my 14th Fyrakk kill on heroic and I’ve still not received the legendary axe.

Is this intended to work like this? The character I am farming it on is my main, and I mythic raid with it. So with 30+ mythic boss kills and 14 weeks of full clearing heroic for maximum embers, I’ve still not managed to get it, but people that have not even cleared normal raid are walking around with it.

How is that fair to any player that put in the effort? You put in a legendary item for a class that I am maining, but you fail to mention that there could be a scenario that you are so unlucky that you don’t even get it for the entire tier.

What was wrong with farming an X number of fragments? This is just absolute torture and makes no sense and does not reward effort at all. If you think this is what we want Blizzard, you are gravely mistaken.

Fix your stupid game.

4 Likes

welcome to modern wow where you spend every expansion praying that your class doesnt get a legendary because that means

1. its gonna be stupidly rare
  2. blizzard will balance your class around it
2 Likes

In the same boat as you on my warrior. Making sure to full clear heroic for all the lesser Ember drops as well but no luck so far.

Understanding that the common assumption behind this stupid system is loot-threadmilling so people keep playing longer, I still have to ask what makes Blizzard think that when a lot of people who are getting unlucky week after week while watching the axe randomly drop for some lucky newer players on LFR or normal, makes those players keep wanting to play?
I’m personally debating to just put my playing on ice until War Within so I can not get annoyed by the constant disappointment every week and just play when this legendary is no longer an actual NECESSITY for a class like mine. And a lot of people I’ve spoken to about this feel the same.

OR Blizzard decides to gives us Legendaries with a nice quest line behind it rather than RNG drops. But given how they don’t understand how frustrating and unhealthy this is for group finding on those lesser powerful classes without the axe, I doubt they care.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but yeah, you’re right. I have no motivation to play after I have been doing everything it takes to get the axe for 14 weeks straight, and not getting it. My ret pala is 488 ilvl and people inspect me, see that I don’t have the axe, then pass me up for some other paladin that has it. So my season is literally ruined because Blizzard decided that the legendary should be RNG. And you need it because now, your class is balanced around it.

I think that Blizzard has completely lost its way in regards to loot and rewards in WoW. I feel like they care more about the players that log in a few times every month, than the players who actually play the game and put in the effort.

If they wanted to time-gate it, that’s fine, but then make it so that after a certain point, the drop was 100%. For example, when you kill Fyrakk HC 12x and still don’t get the axe, then the 13th kill will have a 100% drop chance. 13 weeks of killing the end boss on HC should be enough to quailfy you as “WORTHY” of receiving it.

It just amazes me that they have all those resources at hand, and yet they still make the most stupid decisions possible. Absolute trolls.

2 Likes

Yeah i got a ret friend who now has 10 kills and is not invited in +26-27’s because the lack of the leggo. She already mentioned next time her spec will get a leggo she will reroll. The best is to not play a spec with a leggo so you do not need to grind it.

2 Likes

Feel the exact same way. Playing blood dk and praying for 12HC kills in a row for it to drop. Been clearing entire raid every week and a few normal kills and then you see someone get it on their 2nd/3rd attempt. Really considering just quitting wow for the rest of the expansion considering how rng and bad the system really is. And as others mention. Hard to get in to groups when someone else can always 1up you.

1 Like

Yeah it should not have been RNG and it should also not have been focused on just 1 boss.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.