Game crashes upon login on a specific character

The issue I am experiencing is, since the pre-patch, on a specific character (My Main) being level 70, I can’t seem to log into it without the game crashing. Disabling addons before logging in solves the issue and I can re-enable them to bypass the crash, so you could say it’s the addons causing the issue. BUT I don’t experience this with any other character I log into? Every other character loads up perfectly fine with addons other than this one. All these toons have the same addons preset also.

It’s also worth mentioning, last month and beyond I experienced no issues whatsoever, I’ve never had persistent crashes like this ever in all my years playing, but all of a sudden upon the build up to the pre-patch, my game on that specific character increasingly got more unstable upon login but it would eventually load, all up until the pre-patch day where it just straight up crashes now.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I can cope with it for now, but if I still face the problem into TWW, I will be very annoyed. The last thing I want to do is, reinstall all my addons and or even reinstall the game. I’m praying an update fixes this.

Cheers

Specs are:

Ryzen 5800x3d,
32GB RAM,
4090 Gaming X Trio

Based on what you described, it sounds like it could be something in the saved variables data for that character or a difference with that character (gear, items etc).

While you may be be using the same add-ons for each character, the data those add-ons save won’t be the same for each character. It could also just be a bug in the add-on triggered by a certain item that character has.

As it’s also your main, the amount of data is also likely larger, as you will play that more.

If you can figure out which addon is the culprit then you could just try deleting the saved vars for it and see if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

After a long and boring process of testing each addon, in various different groups I eventually and somehow discovered that it was the addon “MogIt” causing me the problems. Maybe because it’s my main, it has a large catalogue for it to process and maybe now with the new transmog system, something may have broke?

The addon by itself wasn’t a problem, it seemed to cause issues once it was paired alongside a certain amount of other addons, and in some cases would work with the selected addons, and next minute refuse and I would then have the deselect, which made narrowing it down a nightmare.

I have tested the game numerous times now, as well as a fresh reboot of my PC, and thankfully everything seems fine now. (Until I log on tomorrow and my day will be ruined lol)

Thanks for the help<3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.