[21/2] Game Crashing even Battlenet losing connection (when connecting from the UK)

Surfshark vpn confirmed working with vodafone

Same here, it only started this morning. Have been experiencing pretty high latency too. I’ll try a VPN after work.

Live chat with a Vodafone agent, after getting the runaround…

Me: “There’s a block between Vodafone and Blizzard.”

Still Me: “There’s no problems with my connection, or the equipment. Only relating to when I connect to Blizzard servers.”

Emi (Vodafone Agent): “I understand that, but I assure you it is not from our end.”

Me: “How can you be so sure?”

Emi (Vodafone Agent): “Because you are not the only one getting this latency and disconnections, we already did our tests and it is not from Vodafone, you can check with the support of the Warcraft and see if there is anything that they can do from their end.”

Emi (Vodafone Agent): “I am sorry, but if it is something from our end we will get it sorted, but s I mentioned this is not from our end, and as you confirmed everything else is connected and faces no issues. So it is clearly something with Blizzard.”

Over to you Blizzard!

2 Likes

Has anyone managed to raise the issue with Blizz? I can’t even access https://eu.battle.net/support/help/

1 Like

battle net website isnt even working for me

Same issues, UK/Vodafone - some troubleshooting on https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/1aw8t6g/people_still_having_disconnect_issues/ and bumped a previous post from recently as clearly an issue that has slowly been approaching - Random 5 second lag spikes from ae1-br01-eqld5.as57976.net (a godaddy hub) - #7 by Justkehdin-earthshaker

Thankfully Blizzard Support on Twitter has confirmed they are aware of a issue with Vodafone users and they are looking into it. I’m also having issues playing Overwatch. The in-game shop doesn’t load at all and I get disconnected after a few minutes of playing.

Same issues on Vodafone UK. Please fix it.

Not sure if it helps at this point but same issue with Voda and confirmed with others on the same ISP.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reports everyone and for sharing workarounds that have worked for you!

We don’t have any specific details just yet, but just to let you know we are aware and looking at this.

Hopefully any underlying issues can be addressed quickly!

3 Likes

Another vodafone user here having the same issues, turning on a VPN solved the issue.

Cannot connect to battle net just sticks on “reconnecting” unless on a vpn.

On vodafone isp in the uk.

Anyone else have this issue?

Lots of us. See [21/2] Game Crashing even Battlenet losing connection (when connecting from the UK) - #37 by Bromine-living-flame

Having this same issue since last night. Even worse this morning.

Same issue, kept crashing last night and crashing and d/c from game constantly, also with vodaphone uk, tried using VPN but no clue how to set it up :frowning:

Hi Guys,
I read trough the comments and decided to test the VPN workaround… I am using Vodafone as well and did the test with NordVPN. It worked for me.

Just contacted vodafone as having the same issue (vodafone UK) - they said they are aware of the problem and will be resolved in the next 24 hours - “Yes, you are absolutely right. There’s an ongoing issue with us in which customers are impacted and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our tea is working on it and it will definitely be resolved within 24 hours”

With that in mind, is there any free VPNs that can be used in the meantime that are reputable please?

2 Likes

I also just spoke to Vodafone and they said it’s not a problem with their servers it’s coming from the Blizzard Servers. I quote:

‘the problem is from their servers it is not from a specific internet provider or a problem with a single service on one of the customers side. It is not an issue with the Vodafone network at all as there are customers with bt and open reach facing the issue as well’

He advised me to hold fire for the moment as ‘Blizzard is fixing it right now’ (hopefully i suppose? :D)

1 Like

I pinged the other Bnet servers and they worked fine, so seems it is just the EU server.

Yup same issue here with disconnects…good old Vodafone :sob: