Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

SO I finally somehow logged in, think either here or on US forums someone mentioned the same thing, I waited at black screen a bit, alt tabbed and turned into white screen, and you know how windows get “shut down or wait for response”. I waited for response and ages later I got the screen, logged in, everything works great, have around 60 fps. Then I clicked the “settings” and it crashed. So that’s 80% not our cards and stuff, the game works after all :confused: Maybe I have to log 3 hours prior raids and not click settings from now on…

Here is Blizzards list of supported/unsupported video cards. Go find your card and see if its on the supported or unsupported list. If your card is on the unsupported list, but your game worked before the patch, then stop blaming Blizzard - it was just a matter of time, before it would stop working.

yep, it’s supported :slight_smile: Radeon HD 7000 series

2 Likes

Yea sure, and magically everyone with that problem is having outdated video card. As I said above, try to logg, once you get black screen, alt-tab, browse something to kill 2-3 mins, click on wow icon and wait, if needed repeat it 1 more time, but u`ll need ~ 5-10 mins and u are in.

One thing you don’t get it the game WORKS, once I get it. It’s the launcher part that’s the problem.

Hello everyone.

First of all, apologies for the lack of responses but remember that the forum is not attended 24/7.

Regarding this case, we haven’t found anything that could cause this issue. As I stated before, most of the cases are related to unsupported hardware, which is something we never help with.

With the recent update, the game client received several upgrades and optimizations for modern systems which can affect older ones. We understand the frustration of having the game working and stop running after the patch, but this is a risk that unsupported hardware has. We can never guarantee that the game runs in these components, that’s why they are unsupported. You can review our scope of support here.

Please make sure your system meets the minimum requirements. These requirements were posted back when Battle for Azeroth launched:
battle.net/support/article/137431

If your system is supported and still have the same issue (WoW not loading or black screen) make sure you follow all the steps from this guide (including the advanced ones):
battle.net/support/article/18769

If you are receiving specific errors, there are specific guides for them:

Thanks for your patience.

How did I do? Let me know!

Mine is supported aswell , love this auto-generated blizz “anwser “

1 Like

Radeon HD 8000 series -> mine is AMD Radeon HD 8500m/8700m

i guess that means my video card supports it. its 2gb and i have i7 processor and 8gb ram

i am playing from Dell Laptop

i still have this problem

its all ok with card, its gigabyte windforce version, factory OC-d, with 3 small fans, it is loud when under load, and also coil whine screams as grazy on load, nothing to do with that

And the issues on all the systems that do meet minimum requirements which none of your posts even acknowledge? Saying “it works on my machine” is never a good reply.

It seems like the new DirectX12 GPU optimisations maybe borking peoples systems, perhaps not tested enough against a wide range of cards. Or wow is auto-defaulting to the wrong graphics card and needs the actual one to be specifically selected in the display config.

If its not already perhaps a change could be made to make these DirectX optimisations off by default and a new option added allowing these to be turned on. So an opt in where systems are good enough.

3 Likes

So I just got off the chat with Blizz employee.

Let me recap real quick.On December 11th im doing Uldir with 80 FPS.On the day of the patch December 12th Im in a corner with zoomed in camera with 40 FPS.So the Blizzard employee said it was my GPU, that it is too old,which is true but never the less 3 hours before the patch hits I’m running the game at 80-100 FPS(since I’ve limit the FPS to 100).

He told me its not their problem and that I need to run the game at lower settings.Here is the kicker tough,it doesn’t matter if I’m at the 7 settings option or 1.I always run at 30-40.He also said that 8.1 brought huge graphical updates.A patch with rep farm change and some abilities changes, caused my PC to run with 30-40 down from 80-100.Can you imagine that. :smiley:

I just figured its time to rethink on giving money to a company which never takes responsibility and its time to stop my subscription.Keep in mind I even played through WoD. This company has lost all its credibility in my eyes.
Its just a personal opinion if you enjoy what they are doing and you still think they have your best interest and working towards it, I’m happy for you.Enough for me. Until they show that they care about their customers WoW is not an option.

3 Likes

Solved!!! Will come with Solution for all AMD users!!!

Yep. It’s the not taking responsibility that is most annoying (well that and I can’t even get the patch to download). Mistakes and bugs happen, fair enough, software is a complex business, but pushing this back onto people who’s systems were working fine before the patch is objectionable. There is an issue and putting their heads in the sand won’t get it fixed. Chances are this is getting looked at by the devs and will be fixed soon, but the auto-reply minimum requirements posts and responses are dismissive and put Blizzard in a bad light.

2 Likes

So it is official then. Nothing is going to be addressed about this. thanks fellas. between you with your optimized game and my laptop ill chose my laptop.

Thanks for 4 month left of unused gametime.
Good luck with your game.

Still no action from Blizzard?

If you are using WeakAuras addon and havent updated to latest version, it will impact your FPS in a negative way, as there was a memory leak in one of the WeakAuras releases just after patch hit.

Take a look to my post : Solved! "Game Not working after patch 8.1"

Take a look here Solved! "Game Not working after patch 8.1"

you solved it bro?

My problem is not solved i deleted my AMD driver and using now intel hd 4000 with 15-20 fps thats sucks

2 Likes