Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

I wrote Radeon HD8750M ? Which basically worked yesterday lol.
Its not 7850…

1 Like

Radeon HD 7850 is the minimum required. Your card has a lower performance than this one and therefore, is not supported. These requirements haven’t changed since Battle for Azeroth release in August.

Sometimes older cards can run the game, but since they are not supported, we cannot guarantee an optimal performance.

How did I do? Let me know!

Can we have an update please ?

It seems that many more people than the ones posting here are facing this problem. Two work colleagues informed me some minutes ago that they face the same “game is running… nothing” issue since this morning. They where playing just fine last night.

1 Like

But how was i able to play since then till today? I got 2 characters to lvl 120 without any problems and played for weeks on them… and suddenly problem pops up…

We haven’t found anything in particular that causes this issue. The vast majority of cases come from outdated drivers and unsupported graphic cards.

Please make sure your system meets the minimum requirements:
battle.net/support/article/137431

And that your drivers and operating system are up to date:
battle.net/support/article/31024

How did I do? Let me know!

This type of reply is very poor and unhelpful.

Yesterday the game was working for these people, after your patch it does not. Please treat your customers with respect.

12 Likes

People where playing with these “unsupported” cards and “outdated” drivers just hours ago without any issue!

How about a 6core cpu, 16 gigs of ram, a gtx 1060 6GB, 2 x 500GB SSD ? Does this setup meet WoW’s minimum requirements ? I’ll take an educated guess and say yes, it does.

I was PLAYING some minutes before the problem occurred. Turned my pc off in order to receive and open an UPS delivery. 10 o 15’ later i start bnet, wow downloads a small patch and bam…

And yet you people have the audacity to blame this on us.

Unbelievable.

9 Likes

I fixed my issue by installing Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 instead of Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1.1

Hope it helps.

Stop blaming our gpu. We use those before and everything worked fine

3 Likes

I feel like they are just ignoring us and avoiding getting into problem. Ha, its always easier to blame it on us.

2 Likes

And they wonder why people are leaving? Hah

4 Likes

I had the same problem as the everyone else in this post , but after repairing , deleting wtf, cache… restarting , updating drivers I decided to reinstall the game , even after that instead of the white screen I’m getting a full black scree. I’ve wasted 9 hours today trying to fix this .

3 Likes

I completely uninstalled and re-installed both WoW and battlenet 3 times so far. To no avail . What baffles me the most is that i was playing without any problems just before the issue started.

2 Likes

If the game was well till your update, I think so, your opinion is rather bad. I think so, nobody will buy a new PC for all of your new versions, while buy the using of your game.
So, please test the patches more accurate instead the type of messages like to quoted one.
Thanks

11 Likes

Same issue, graphic driver updated… Game launch but when I try to connect a char I have the memory error message and I’m kicked out of the game.
I try to send you the url of my dxdiag pastebin Like you asked but I have an error message saying I can’t post link here !

In regards to memory errors, have you weakauras installed? If yes then disable them or download the latest update since the older version causes a memory leak.

This is just annoying. You guys are spamming same quotes again and again. We were playing the game till today. The game didn’t change. We did all the BFA patches before this one i mean big one and we played the game without any problem. It seems your little patch just crashed the game. It is nothing to do with driver and system updates etc. You guys just need to undo this little patch that happened last night. Thats all. And please don’t reply this with your pre-written quote. You guys are killing this game with your own hands. If you guys won’t do anything about this Blizzard will lose lots of subsicribers. It is just Bullsh.t.

This issue will get bigger and bigger if you answer to ppl like this. just undo this little patch.

7 Likes

Funny thing, when i was talking with support on live chat they said it’s from my BIOS and gpu, but obviously I didn’t change anything and it worked fine before little patch :joy::joy:. What he said makes no sense whatsoever ffs

4 Likes

been useing that one from the start he said update to 18.12.1.1 that i did again and as a predicted it has messed up my pc some reason i can’t install this driver or my system crashes and says i ahve no vga driver. going back to 18.9.3 but game still wont launch.

The first thing I tried it’s to delete all the addon files to test. Because that’s the only response I always get from technical support. Then I update some drivers to be sure I haven’t issues with them, repair the game, uninstall-reinstall the game… nothing works. They just f*$ked up something with their patch who affects some ppl and don’t affect some others… I hope with our dxdiag they gonna find the prob. But I can’t link my pastebin url in this forum. I don’t know how to make a link like the others did but I’m sure that’s the only way to help them to find THEIR problem (not ours)

3 Likes