Game freezing but able to move and chat

Hi,
I have had this problem for awhile now since I first started my subscription around more than half a year ago but it has gotten so much more severe recently that it is pretty much happening every five minutes, I have decided to make a post myself because I couldn’t find any solution online.

The situation I have encountered is basically identical to this:

A basic description from me would be that: the game would randomly freeze/stop/disconnect in a way that everything would stop moving and all npc and players would also stop casing on my screen, yet I can still move (similar to how a disconnect would look before you get pullout to the disconnect screen). But yet I can still talk and receive new messages, I can still see new NPC dialogues in the chatbox and above the corresponding NPC in a chat bubble, yet everything is still. I have tried /reload when it happens but that does not solve anything. The only bandaid solution I have to this currently is to restart my game. If I did move during this time, I would log back in at my new location after exiting and relaunching the game, usually with either me dead as I was unable to fight back the enemies that I was in combat with, or my auto attacks would have killed the trivial enemies. There was once that I died due to this, after relaunching the game and resurrected myself by flying to my corpse, only to have it straight away again (clicked on the “resurrect now” button but nothing happens on my screen, relaunched and found myself dead at the spirit healer again). As I have said before this is now happening every five ten minutes, it is severely affecting my experience, as I cannot do any raids or dungeons or any sort of group contents.

Any help would be appropriated and I am willing to provide any further information.

Many thanks

1 Like

We’d typically expect to see this if you’ve partially disconnected from the server.

Something as simple as turning off your router for 10 mins and turning it back on might solve it.

Scan for viruses:

and ensure your firewall is working correctly

I have regular scans for viruses and there are no threats, and I have checked that my anti virus is working properly too. I have yet to try turning off the router for ten minutes. However I sometimes also play WoW on my laptop, but this problem pretty much never happens on my laptop, despite having the same addons and settings.

1 Like

so, no more ansewers? i have the same problem and got some guildies with that problem
its an strange problem because i dont have it in any other game (even on the blizzard ones)

you still got the problem too?

I have exactly this issue. I cant do mythics with my friends.
I ran traces to check where the hickup happens. It seems that i am connecting to a blizzard server in brazil and that is where the lag comes from :frowning:

[ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED - Necrolord: Necro a year old post, or older.]

You’d be better to start your own thread, Timmeh, than necroing a year old one.

I’ve had this and lost a few mythic keys as a result, but I found out that the fix is actually very simple. All I had to do was restart my router. Give it a try, I hope it works for you as well.

I have the same issue, any solution? :frowning:

have same issue. very frustrating

This started with me two weeks ago. Game freeze, but i can chat and see chat. Cant do any key ... Blizzard fix that issue. I dont have any firewall, repaired the game, net provider don`t have problems !