Game layout

So, I am not a very technical person and I often don’t understand some computer related informations or explanations. Saying that I have a question to people that clearly understand things way better than I do.

I saw a video about the layout of buttons/mini-map/chats, etc. All the things that tell us what’s happening in the game. It looked changed. Very different from what I have on my desktop. Is it changing permanently or will I be able to keep it as I like it? (two bottom, two top, two right),

1 Like

When Dragonflight prepatch drops (end of this month I think) there will be a UI update, it is completely customizable!!

You can move most things about to suit you and place things to look like the current UI if that’s what you like.

The biggest downside (in my opinion which is completely subjective) is that the minimap isn’t resizable and the new one is too big and the chat window isn’t resizable.

When you first have a look at the edit mode their is an option for a premade classic look UI but I really wouldn’t recommend using it (unless they make a change during beta) as currently it hides your cast bars, including the vigor “bars” for dragonriding so it is preferable to just create your own.

Biggest upside is that each char can have their own layout so if you want/need different for different roles/classes you can.

Edit: I stand corrected about the chat frame!! thank you!!

3 Likes

You know, Afenton, I would just love if they stop messing about with everything… I think I’m getting old :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel the same lol.

It’s weird at first I really didn’t like it but once I spent some time setting it up and getting it to place it felt comfortable for me I kinda grew to like how customizable it is even if the minimap is still too big for my preference.

You can make it look like the old/current one just needs a little time

post edited

you can. i did it the other day and had to use my brain to figure out if it was like before :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How? I don’t see the option anywhere

by entering the ui edition mode. place your cursor on the chat frame (maybe you have to click on it as I recall) and in the bottom right corner of the frame you’ll see the arrow-thing cursor to change sizes.

PD: sorry about my poor English since I’m Spanish and it’s not my mother tongue.

1 Like

Nice one, thanks :+1:

A bit off topic, but is there a website that has listed every changes that will occur in DF?

Wowhead or icyveins will have most recent beta changes and updates, I think wowhead does a weekly roundup of changes.

Or if you aren’t too bothered by spoilers go over to the beta forums, it really depends on what changes you are wanting to know about.

I thought Id hate the UI as Im really not good with change (also a keyboarder turner and clicker!) but it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought.
Its nice to have a feature like that without using outside sources.

1 Like

I miss an option to change sizes for the minimap frame, focus and player frame :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.