Game time equal to subscription?

Why isnt game time being bought by balance equal to subscription especially 180 days of game time? Even the price is equal.Doesnt it make people who buy game time with balance subscribers?If were arent subscribers what are we then? Can someone explain to me that logic?

1 Like

Subscription is automatically taken every 1/3/6 months and game time has to be arranged to be paid manually. That’s the difference.

2 Likes

A Subscription is a Monthly Recurring payment, so it is billed every month on the same day, it’s not a 30 day game time payment which is a fixed time limited payment for 30 days. Even if you pay every month when your time runs out you’re not a subscriber with fixed game time payments, because you are not using the Subscription.

I’m not sure there’s any direct logic to the system other than they are simply 2 different payment types, some people prefer a one off payment they can control, and others are fine with paying a subscription fee for access.

It’s mostly to do with Business models, revenue streams, type of customers, other philosophical factors and how they work, so you may want to ask someone who works in Economics or Business why there are differences, as they would be able to explain to you why the two business pricing models exist. We as Support aren’t really business gurus to explore all the pros and cons of the different payment types available.

2 Likes

i think the point the original poster is trying to make is that if you buy a 6 month sub then you get the free mount where as if you buy 6 months straight sub then you get nothing it is kind of unfair

1 Like

It’s because the subscription will auto-renew, unless cancelled prior to the renewal date, and Blizzard know that a significant percentage will forget to cancel it, tying themselves to another 6 month period even if they didn’t want it.

So yes, Blizzard have incentives to get people on subscriptions instead of gametime.

1 Like

That is not true, if you buy 6 months game time you do not get a mount but if you buy a six month subscription you do. And no, they are not the same thing, they both allow you to play the game but one automatialy renews, and if you had read any of the posts here then you would know, instead of just reading the first and make a reaction post.

what i said is correct if you pay for a 6 month sub you get the mount if you buy 6 month game time then you don’t doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why they are doing it that way unfortunately i don’t wear rose tinted spectacles so i can see straight through the free mount rubish

Exaclty my point.Thank you.Paymnet method shouldnt not have impact into if you get free gift with it or not becasuse 180 days=6 month subscription.

1 Like

This thread is over a year old, please go to any of the GD threads to provide feedback Cryptek.

Thanks, i’ve noticed that. Replied to the wrong forum post (twice) sorry about that. won’t happen again!

Closing to avoid further necro. If you have a question on this topic, please post a new thread.