Game Unplayable since 8.1.5

The game works past the character screen fine until I load in and then after I’ve logged in as my character between 0 - 10 seconds later CPU usage shoots up to 100% and the game completely freezes.

I did not have this issue prior to this update. I have tried disabling all my addons without success as well as lowering graphics settings. I used to get well over 100 FPS before so my system is perfectly capable of playing the game fine.

Edit: Pc specs are:

• GTX 980 TI
  • I7 6700k
  • 12 GB RAM

Edit 2:

• I don’t have any overlays as suggested on a different thread.
  • Switching to DX11 legacy didn’t help.
  • Turning off anti-aliasing extended my playable time to a whole 60 seconds!

From the feel of it there seems to be a massive memory leak somewhere.

Edit 3 (14/03/2018)
Game still completely unplayable after doing everything possible in the guides, suggestions etc. Thanks to that, I’m unable to raid with my guild tonight so lose out on the chance of any potential gear that could have dropped.

Edit 4:
After doing an update on Nvidia drivers, the game works fine again on DX11 Legacy and I’ve had no issues since.

Same here… game freezes at realm character selection or when selecting other character… freezes or completely crashes the computer… Macbook Pro Mid 2015 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB on MacOS HighSierra … removed all addons and removed WTF Folder…no change… never had this problem before 8.1.5

Similar problem, my game is droping from 140+ fps to 0-3 in portal room, every part of my pc is working in that moment on 100% power!

same problem here too :frowning:

I selected DX11 Legacy from DX12 and seems to sort it out for the short term.

1 Like

im having the issue that it crashes at loading screen ive tryed everything deleted everything then reinstalled tryed to repair wow several times deleted WTF folder changed diffrent settings, best i got was 5 sec ingame then crash’d, also deleted all addons what so ever. update’d drivers and all such stuff, try’d everything all day and still doesnt work…

The whole game is a laggy mess, typing on BG or even in /say takes 6 minutes to appear. Certain zones that took a few seconds to load now take a minute. I have unsubbed.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s awful to live with. Arenas too…

Why release before testing it, seems dumb considering how many issues people are having.

What made me laugh was the fact they said my characters have not been deleted when I cancelled.

This worked for me, normal DX11 didn’t need to be Legacy. Ty

1 Like

tryed it all nothing works no matter what i get inside and then crash after 5 sec…

same here, managed to get logged in once and froze after 5 seconds now I just get the ACCESS VIOLATION error.
going to do full reboot hopefully this can resolve issue

I’m getting this too :frowning: am doing a full reinstall as we speak. Still have 53.28 Gb to download.

Update: Playable now. It’s the Anti-aliasing that’s crashing the game for me. I switch it on and the game crashes pretty much immediately. That’s in DirectX 11 and 12.

Update 2: The “Heart of Azeroth” action button is showing when I’m in Arom’s Strand for some reason! I was near the Azerite Wounds quest briefly before I cam here!

Update 3: Game seems stable in DirectX12 with CMAA anti-aliasing. I had it at MSAA 4x when it was crashing.

done everything mine still doesnt work, tryed to write to blizzard no respons aswell.

Same problem here. Brand new system. Clean install. New drivers, no addons, 1 fps after my second loading screen, if not the first, and a 132 error crash. Cant play at all atm

new update and then we get this, happens every time don’t know if i will stay in this game like this way to many trouble`s .

Contributing to this thread. I’ve been experiencing stuttering after reformatting my Windows recently, so a clean install and drivers up to date and all even pre 8.1.5, minor in clustered areas while previously not having ever experienced such on specs: i5 7600k 3.8Ghz, 1060 3GB, 16GB 2333Hz RAM, Gigabyte B250-HD3P. With 8.1.5 showing up I’ve experienced occasional full on game and computer freezes while WoW was running in a rather erratic fashion, but I’ve noticed it happened in clustered areas once again. The solution RIGHT NOW for me was swapping to DX11.
PS - No other Blizzard games I’ve played or any other game I’ve rolled around these days had encountered any such freezes, thus it is why I write here.

Hi same problem here. Have a recent MSI gaming PC with great config. Can run WoW at max settings with no fps drop or problem in raid arenas and world.

But then suddenly, one day I log in, fps starts fine then after 10 second they keep dropping to like 5 fps then 10 seconds later the game freeze, crash and it’s over. I can’t play anymore.

Since it doesn’t happens on any other game that I play, I pretty much know it’s WoW.

Just cancelling my sub, I won’t pay for this.