Gaming laptop

Hi everyone. I have been looking for a new gaming laptop and found one with the following specifications:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-10750H (2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)

DISPLAY: 43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal FHD, 144 Hz, IPS, anti-glare, WLED-backlit, 300 nits, 100% sRGB (1920 x 1080)

SSD: 512 GB

HDD: 1TB 7200 RPM

GPU: Geforce RTX 2070 Super (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

It is an HP Omen laptop.

Do you think this laptop would come across any problems running WoW? I’m only asking because it isn’t cheap and I don’t really want to end up buying something expensive that might have problems running WoW.

Specs look good. What’s the price? There are also some Ryzen 4800H laptops but they come with RTX 2060 or Radeon 5600M max right now (or that Clevo with 2070 and desktop CPUs…)

And do you intend to play other games do other things on this laptop?

I intend to install Overwatch when I do get round to buying it.

The price is £1800.

(Btw completely off topic but Qwértíóp is one of my other characters that I never really use)

The price is bit on the premium side, but just a bit. All those gaming laptops are priced like that nowadays.

Yeah that’s true but I’m sure I have seen one that’s like £3000 and I’m sure I saw one that costs around £6000 as well.

My stationary has those specs

runs fine, except abit long loading screens

7/10 graphics settings reccomended

Once upon a time this was a thing:

https://www.eurocom.com/configure(2,234,0)

As for real alternative for that HP Omen then pretty much this:

https://bestware.com/en/xmg-apex-15.html

If you would need more cores for streaming/video rendering and alike.

I remain to be convinced of any long-term benefit of a ‘gaming’ laptop… I see it as a convenience dreamt up by manufacturers pandering to people too snobbish/minimalist to own a desktop PC.

Heat… laptops are notorious for poorer cooling than their desktop equivalents, due to more confinement of the components.

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to go for the Omen and it runs WoW really well. I get a decent amount of FPS with the settings on 10.

Just a tip, but lowering some settings a notch like water/shadows and viewing distance/environmental detail, will improve your FPS alot and you won’t notice a huge difference.

Especially if your display supports more than 60hz you need to lower settings to 8-9 even on high end systems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.