Gank mode?!

So this Warmode was a funny enough idea at first. But when most people have flying mounts and quests for killing 25 people in an area (i assume this is most often their motive), it turns in to a huge ganking fest.
I love to PVP and prefer WM on to get some skirmishes, but when im playing a character with 250k+ hp, u almost never meet people who wants to fight u, they just fly till safe or till they are 3-5v1.
However playing a character newly 120 with 150k hp, about every 5 min 1-3 people with 300k+ hp lands on me killing me with just a few spells - even if i escape a bit, there is no running from flying mounts when u got none yet

So the mandetory rep farm is not only ruining the game for many of us, having to farm it. It’s also ruining all chance for decent pvp.

Overall it’s a combination of kill quests, WM and flying mechanics that has ruining world pvp so bad it’s retarded.

And q for bg’s u wanna fix by letting horde join as ally’s? about damn time, but 1 hour buff u need to retake, as well as changing race (and racial), i mean wtf is that for?

1 Like

Ganking is fun.

2 Likes

I must admit, flying is absolutely horrible for World PvP. (Among other things)
When a gank squad comes at you dismounted or on ground mounts you have time to react. From the sky you’ve got nothing.

I think the way flying should be done is that you don’t get it until the expansion after the current one. That way you can use it for tying up loose ends without causing negatives in the current expansion(s).

3 Likes

No flying = no Net-o-Matic = no thank you.

1 Like

As amusing as the net can be it is dwarfed by the downsides of flying.

It’s a ‘dangerous’ open world out there, and WPvP is nature’s cruelty in a game:

• Solo ground players fill the role of small rabbit, scurrying from place to place.

• Flyers fill the role of airborne predator such as an eagle, preying on the rabbits below.

Solution A = safety in numbers

If you are among other rabbits, the eagle may take one of the others instead of you, or go elsewhere for easier prey. Watch the skies!

Solution B = reverse roles

Don’t be a rabbit, be a predator :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well if you are not aware of this, you can farm flying rep with wm off. Activate your wm back when you get flying. With flying on now, ofcourse you will be a good prey for those above you.

2 Likes

Oh I’m very much a predator in the game. World PvP has always been one of my favourite things to do since I first started playing. I’ve got screenshots somewhere of an entire boneyard of player skeletons a friend and I made whilst levelling in STV years ago.
But I don’t think flying mount PvP combat is a fun concept at all, even for me as the attacker.

It feels so slimy and talentless flopping down on someone from above. It makes the “hunt” part of locating a target feel much less satisfying too.

About half the time when I engage a player I visibly approach and use /challenge first. (They’re dead whether they accept the challenge or not but it gives them a moment to prepare)

And like I mentioned, 5 man squads dropping out of the sky isn’t fun for anyone. At least on ground mounts you get a chance to see them coming, and can hope their potential Paladin/DK doesn’t outrun you

Also as I was pressing post I remembered the unpleasantness of when your target is also flying. Dropping down to the floor and netting them feels so sticky and unnatural, and that’s assuming they haven’t just shot past you at 500mph because flying mounts are so fast.

1 Like

So sweet.
I downed alot of paladins like you while getting my Alliance Slayer title. Such a big shiny targed! Paladins are my favourite meal.

3 Likes

That’s nice of you. Ofc, most have their own idea of rules and are not interested in other player’s rules. Results in fun chaos.

It’s incorrect to say not fun for ‘anyone’. It is your opinion of what’s not fun for you personally, you can’t speak for everyone’s sense of what’s fun or not.

Down to preference I guess. For me, netting those dumb enough to fly within net range is lottsa fun!

I like giving a player something unexpected, why I chose a stealth class for wpvp! Whereas you like to give them time to expect attack. Just two different approaches to wpvp. Those and the many variables in combat, are part of what makes wm so awesome.

Oh I don’t expect anyone else to play like that, I just find the concept amusing. I only do it about 50% of the time.

It’s hard for me to imagine having 5 people drop from the sky and murder you in seconds without any hope of defending yourself is actually any fun. (bubble usually does the trick for me so it’s rare this is a major problem for me, so you can be sure this is not personal salt)
As for 5vs1 it seems possible to enjoy that but it’s so easy it doesn’t even seem like sport. What’s the point?

You’d be surprised :slight_smile:

Ah, they don’t know about magic banana!

1 Like

You can always frustrate the gankers by using this little goodness from Nazjatar: Deepcoral Pod.

Jumping around, was never as hilarious as it can get. I’ve seen it used really creatively by some hunters - practically unkillable (due to not being able to reach / be in range). Apparently you can use it everywhere in Azeroth.

3 Likes

Wait,what?i fought can bee used only in Kul Tiras and Zandalar,can those be used outside Azeroth,like Draenor,Outland.

I’ve been reading (here in the forums) about people using that in Stormwind, when ganking players there. so perhaps ? I never bothered testing :wink:
There are posts asking for nerfing it popping up in the forums on daily basis haha. So I would expect that thing to be working in outland , I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

So already I knew about it working in Zuldazar and Kul Tiras but i never thought of using it on other continents, out of curiosity i went and grabbed from Nazjatar and went to Draenor
 it worked. Then to Northrend, it also worked there.

Mind = Blown

Thanks for the tip Buibui :joy:

2 Likes

Basically gank mode, or when the battle of nazjatar starts then it turns into horde mode. Most day’s its horde mode more so than gank mode. Would be nice to see phasing disabled during pvp combat to help with warmode so peple cant jump into dungeons or different shards to avoid karma catching up with them.

Sure helping all the helpless including hordes,maybe this way we could arrange some agreement.

Plot twist, i play both !

1 Like

on my shard (RP realm), it’s mostly alliance Mode in WarMode. Hard to do anything without getting a raid group going. On the other hand - it’s perfect when you want to do one of the PVP quests in Nazjatar (to kill 25 Alliance players). Forming group takes a minute, then a short stroll around the map and quest done - hopefully before they form a raid group to punish you (happened few times) :wink:

1 Like