Ganking low lvl characters in Duskwood and Stranglethorn

Touché.

10char

2 Likes

I also gangked in hellfire a long time ago just to bait max level players there so I can have some wpvp

Same goes for stv. Or at least used to before sharding and all that stuff.

1 Like

you are the biggest loser on this planet…seriously,what a no life pathetic scrub you are.camping darkshire and rebel camp all day with your dumbass exploits.im surprised blizzard hasnt ban your a** already.you are small and powerless in real life arent you?and this is your little revenge to the world!go ahead then…release your frustrations however you want !

btw,i thought you were great in that south park episode!

Or as Iggwilv ‘suggested’, customize settings for players to choose whether or not they’d turn on War Mode to players of all levels or just to players that considered ‘equal/fair’ components.

Although haven’t done it myself, I doubt if anyone would disagree with me that encountering moments like owning characters with higher levels while having War Mode on is so much fun, especially when they pick a fight on you. Meanwhile, I would never want to become someone with a load of zeal to swiftly initiate any vote to ‘kick out noob’ at low level dungeons. So I do hope Blizzard could help me to have some fun while having a fairer gaming experience with War Mode.

2 Likes

This kind of toxic high and mighty reaction is probably part of what motivates some lowbie gankers… toxic whispers are always amusing! Ironic that the ganker is playing the game as intended and breaking no rules, yet the toxic ‘victims’ often break ToS with abusive responses hehe!

No need. Wm on or off is enough. WPvP should feel ‘risky’, that’s part of the fun. It’s a multiplayer game - especially in WM. Lowbies can join a WPvP guild or community and call in an air strike! Or play solo and accept consequences.

2 Likes

When i “cried” about ganks, especially in leveling and wq zones and asked EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS (stronger guards,give penalty if you atack low ilvl/lvl players,etc)…your allies friends called me a “cry-baby”. Now, when-ever i see a ally, no matter if he is lvl 110 with 270 ilvl, i kill him. I give back what i received. And i enjoy it…make allies players gameplay misserable…its so funny to atack a noob ally from behind while he is fighting a wq mini-boss and he doesnt even realise why his hp goes down so fast…

4 Likes

There ye go, now you get it. WPvP = kill em all!

2 Likes

I have all classes maxed on Alliance and I am now doing the same thing on Horde. I will tell you one thing. Horde are miles better in random bgs at least. Alliance are equally scummy in wmode and overall everyone in pvp is a d!ck.

Pvp in wow is much less about skill and much more about gear. Having full titanforged mythic gear or being a twink will make you much stronger than simply being a good player. That being said however the deciding factor of pvp is teamplay. “The lone wolf dies but the pack survives”

1 Like

In my opinion if you’ve got Warmode on then you shouldn’t complain about being killed by higher levels as it’s part of the risk. However, I would be in favour of buffing town guards a lot in order to stop one person camping a town for a whole day and just griefing lowbies.

Attacking a town as the opposite faction shouldn’t be as easy as it is and I think a buff to the guards damage or cc abilities would be great and would allow for more of a challenge to those attacking!

Blizzard could implement fun rewards for killing “Town Slayers” and it should show up on the map. Killing them would drop large amount of honor or a chance of pvp gear. Encourage the defending of our towns and lowbies by rewarding those that come to the rescue.

So much missed potential when it comes to rewarding and encouraging WPvP

Guards need to be NERFED not buffed! They’re too strong now with their infinite roots and 600k+ health pool. People get away too easily right now because the attacker gets rooted and dazed.

4 Likes

Blizzard did this to make the game more challenging and dangerous.

Instead of the same old stale pve you know have the option of being challenged\ganked by assailants.

This is NOT forced upon you so you can always turn war mode off and continue your playing.

No use for complaining about something that can easily be prevented.

3 Likes

Perhaps if some kind of reward for killing the max level gankers would help. There is no incentive other than it being potentially fun, but if it’s a healer doing the ganking then it isn’t remotely fun. You can kill the player to partially prevent your leveling from being disrupted, but even then you’re wasting time and they can just come back and snipe you from the air. There is even less incentive now that you don’t even know the player, won’t see them again, and there are no realm reputations involved. Maybe bounty rewards could be added to the old world?

2 Likes

That would be great - and along with the score board another player suggested some weeks ago, I can see some great fun in hunting a low lvl ganking bastard down :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I often see the same gankers in Darkshire/STV. I don’t think sharding is as bad as people make out. I’d rather see a ganker from some other server via sharding, than no ganker at all, and they have rep for sure. My Spy addon tells me I see the same enemy players a lot. It’s a mindset issue, the WPvP past is gone, WM is where it’s at now.

The fun is in the killing, WPvP is the reward. But ye, I’d take that bounty… If I could kill a certain hunter! But, bounties are for BfA zones as part of making people want to do BfA content, maybe in next expansion.

If you want to see what anonymous players think, check out my player rules survey!

3 Likes

Join us!

[The Scarlet Crusadé] [Argent Dawn EU] is a newly formed guild concept founded by Bénédictus (Roleplayér). It’s main objective is world PvP, which primarily focuses on city ganking, and killing anything with War Mode on. The guild has been going strong for more than four months, growing each and every day.

All players must follow certain rules to be fully fledged guild members:

1. Your character must be of the Forsaken race.

2. Your character must be male.

3. Your character’s class must be rogue.

4. You need to be named “Roleplayer”, any variation of appendixes will do. Example: Roleplayér.

5. You must wear the same transmogrified armor all of our rogues wear, so that we can create the illusion of being the same person, and also you must have the same ingame features as us, such as face, skin colour, etc.

6. Your spec is preferably outlaw, but not necessarily. We, of course, allow alts to join the guild who are not rogues, but they must be of the Forsaken race, and have to be dressed up as Scarlet Crusaders.

What we have to offer you is the following:

1. An amazing, friendly and growing community, which feels like the old Vanilla WoW tight-knit guilds, which modern WoW seems to have forgotten about.

2. Help leveling and gearing up, chairity mythic 10 runs for weekly loot.

3. A chance to participate in various ganking events, which include bounty hunting and contracts.

4. A chance to participate in our upcoming videos.

5. A secret, inclusive discord group.

6. Memes.

F.A.Q.

Q1: Do you roleplay?

A1: No.

Q2: Why are all your characters named Roleplayer?

Q2: Being on the largest roleplaying realm in Europe, we like to think we are doing our part in growing the “roleplaying community”. (Short answer: it really ticks people off.)

Q3: Why do you all dress the same and have the same name?

A3: There are plenty of reasons. Firstly, it makes great confusion when people fight more than one person with the same name, not to mention ten or twenty. Secondly, if you manage to die and people want to shame you for being dead in the capital city of the enemy faction (like that doesn’t happen from time to time) you can just shrug it off and tell them it’s not you who they’ve killed, but your guildie. Thirdly, an astonishing degree of camaraderie, which makes us stand out from the rest of the guilds you’ve been part of.

Q4: How can the undead be scarlet crusaders?

A4: We are the risen ones, much like Fairbanks and many other fallen crusaders.

Q5: How many of you are there?

A5: At the moment of posting this: over thirty.

Q6: How can I contact you?

A6: You can contact any member of our guild on Argent Dawn realm EU for an invite. Alternatively, you can contact the guildmaster Roleplayér (Benedictus) directly. But the preferred and fastest way to contact us would be via email where you can apply.

Full list of transmog items:

Head - [Fervent Helm]

Shoulder - [Heraldic Spaulders]

Back - [Inherited Cape Of The Black Baron]

Chest - [Cinderstitched Tunic]

Wrist - [Thrall’s Gift]

Weapon - [Dreamslayer]

Hands -[Scaled Leather Gloves]

Waist - [Honorbound Outrider’s Buckle]

Legs - [Ragefire Leggings]

Feet - [Scaled Leather Boots]

Dagger - [Flarethorn]

THE GUILD VIDEO [The Rise of the Highlord]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0guJIsOyK1g

Our guild email is: project.scarlet@yahoo.com

2 Likes

RP server, not same shard. :upside_down_face:

Join us as in make a character for our guild, or transfer to our realm and become a part of our ganking family. Over 30 members already. :smiley:

1 Like

how does the rogue only thing work without healer tho?

not into rogues but ganking RP allys sounds like lot of fun :laughing:

1 Like

We either go only with rogues, in which case when a raid group versus us has been formed, we cloak/vanish and regroup to plague another part of town, but usually we have 2-3 guild healers and a mage with us. Mage for an escape portal to Stonard, which is really close to Stormwind, so we regroup there, and healers (Monks/Priests) for obvious reasons, Mind control and that green ring. We accept undead into our ranks who are also not rogues regardless whether they are healers or dps, the only requirement is that they are transmogged as scarlet crusaders, and participate in guild events. In return, we provide free consumables for them (our ganking consumables are around 25 different items) and we boost them in guild mythic+ groups which are almost always 10+ keys.

1 Like