Ganking low lvl characters in Duskwood and Stranglethorn

So, I really like War Mode. Many may not agree with me, but I like to encounter horde players that are more or less within the same level range during questing. It makes questing quite exciting. If I get killed, I truly don’t mind. This is the risk I take when I enlist my new character, right?

However, I do not enlist my new low-level character to be ganked 24/7 in two separate levelling zones by level 120 horde players. It is truly ridiculous. I wish people would be less pathetic, but what are the chances right? Instead, one could try to design the game in such a way that players don’t feel like they’ve just wasted their Sunday afternoon because other people, I am guessing, are bored. So, here are some suggestions:

1. Ensure that the guards and flight-point birds are strong enough to kill the players that decide to ruin the play-time of others.
  2. Ensure that people that have +15/20 levels cannot attack the other player.
  3. Or perhaps, punish those who repeatedly kill low-level players.
  4. If none of the above, pleeeeaaaaseeee find another solution.

Thanks in advance Blizzard

7 Likes

No

Don’t liked being ganked? Turn off WM

17 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t say no to guards being buffed, but ganking’s just a part of world pvp.

8 Likes

Towns should be deadly to single players. But still possible to be raided by groups.
Outside of towns you should be fair game to get ganked.

6 Likes

Oh boi, here we have a dungeon dodger who teaches us to man up on our alts and suck it up to being one shoted.
How about game will reward skill sometimes as well?
Not just sweaty 120 hands nuking alts?

7 Likes

That I agree with

No way, these people do it to start fair WPvP

I think they should be given HKs for killing any level character.

There is one, go on you max level character and try to kill them.

Seriously, if you get ganked and don’t like it then turn off warmode, that’s why you can turn it off in any rest area. But no you are all whiny about it and want yout cake and eat it.

5 Likes

No they don’t. They do it to get their rocks off knowing they are annoying other people and theres nothing they can do about it. The second a fair fight comes along they will vanish.
Even if people tried your brainless scheme of trying to log on their mains to kill them, hello phasing!

No doubt we’ll see the other tried and tested well thought out replies here. Make a bingo card:

• It’s World of WARcraft lel
  • You can always turn warmode off!
  • The dev’s want the world to feel dangerous!

This game would benefit from a change to those rules. Imagine how fun and engaging leveling could be if you could have good fights with people of equal(ish) level as a level 40 hunter or 29 shaman. Instead you get literal God’s zooming in from the sky and hitting you for 5 million times your health pool because the devs “want the world to feel dangerous”.
What an absolute effing joke. If someone made a new game and used that as logic they’d be laughed out of business. Here its taken as a given and puppeted out by people who haven’t had a critical thought in their lives.

19 Likes

So fair and valid points are belittled? I will admit some do it to annoy.

Changing it is just pandering to those who want the extra XP without any risk. I say NO!

Edit: And where in Blizzards philosophy does it say that PvP should be fair?

3 Likes

For once I agree with you .

The people that trot out the standard replies to Ganking ( turn off WM, it’s PvP live with it, etc etc ) are most likely the same people complaining PvP is dieing / derad

5 Likes

Is it though if you assume that every low level has WM for the extra benefits.

And in response to your edit - clearly they do or us Twinks would still be in merged queues.

Don’t they?

That’s BGs not open world PvP, and most people know they are different things. Twinks do have an advantage, anyway most of them cheat to get into unlocked BGs anyway.

2 Likes

While I actually totally agree with you on what you think of ganking lowbies, I don’t share your ideas on warmode. It’s there for a reason. And yeah no matter how irritating, foul, pathetic and stupid ganking low level characters is, it IS and has been part of WoW since launch.

It comes with the territory. Warmode is a choice. Just like rolling a character on a pvp server in the past was a choice (a choice I regretted more times than I care to remember).

3 Likes

Having leveled 10 alts+ to 120 all in wmode, you just gotta learn how to avoid gankers. Ask for help, or avoid toxic zones. If you have a stealth char use it. And for the love of god stay out of Stranglethorn, the moment you decide to turn on wmode and go to Stranglethorn, you are practically yelling for Wispr to come soaring down on you and whip your butt.

5 Likes

I’m a bit surprised you’ve encountered others at all tbh. My levelling alts experience on both sides with WM on is that I’ve hardly seen another player let alone ganking parties aside from the occasional group in Legion content.

Really.

I didn’t think so…

Welcome to World PvP.

I think the guard idea would be amazing. Not a lot of people would go for it though because the standard “I want to feel stronger, not weaker” argument will get involved.

1 Like

Ganking lowbies sure is fun!

1 Like

Turning off warmode if you do not feel like getting ganked.

6 Likes

Warmode is not “free XP mode”.

9 Likes

I guess there is a price for using the Warmode in open-world PvP, but I guess the best solution in areas such as Darkshire could use strong max level npc - strong enough to be a challenge to these “pathetic” players. I understand the anger, but also understand the circumstances of using warmode.