Gathering Professions Knowledge items capped?

Hey all,
I was gathering ores and herbs for like 4 hours yesterday and while in the first three hours i got a blue knowledge item here and there every like 20 minutes or so but then they just stopped appearing in the nodes and i contiuned for a long time but didnt find any other so do they maybe have a cap like the weekly epic one?

Did anyone experience something similar?

1 Like

You get 1 knowledge point when you harvest a node type for the first time, so that’s why it was fast at the start.

After that it’s random low chance drop + some other ways like inscription weekly item or rep rewards.

1 Like

What is the inscription think?

Epic ones are once a week, I think blue might be too.

I also noticed that I got a few botanist knowledge items in the beginning, but for the last day or two I haven’t found any, making me think something is wrong. The online guides seem very unclear to me in this regard, and normal herbalism leveling guide sites that I use don’t even really mention botanist knowledge points and how to farm them.

So IS there a way to farm them? I read something about scout packs that come with dragonscale rep 2, but the details of it conclude that it is NOT for gatherers since we wont get any knowledge points from those packs. What kind of progression is realistic in the way ahead for me? What can I do to increase my botany knowledge progression?

The drop rates are absurdly low imo. I’m only getting 1 polen (herbalism knowledge item) every 2-3 hours.

seems they have nerfed it afther 2 days
i also have seen u will be avable to craft Knowledge items …

Consider yourself lucky then,because i spent 14 hours yesterday farming mining/herb and i got only 2 herb knowledge.

There seem to be invisible caps, I stopped getting the blue items all together also. Whilst I don’t like caps, at least let us know what they are.

The Epic ones are on a weekly cooldown (it says so in the journal), the blue ones are on a random low drop chance, like yesterday I had 3 pollen ones within the space of 5 minutes and another an hour later but I only got a single mining geode one in that same timespan.

Seems the chance for the blue ones resets weekly. Yesterday I got 0-1 knowledge per hour or something, and today I got several in an hour. Got 122 knowledgepoints in herbalism at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.