Gearing is way too complicated now

Someone should tell Blizzard that not all players have the time or the will to do research on what all these currencies are supposed to mean. My bags are full of currencies and I have no clue what to do with them, I can’t be bothered to earn a PHD studying all the systems either. Can we just go back to something simple?

34 Likes

They do not award fragments when you leave keys anyway so you are fine.

18 Likes

As a pvper i delete any fragments or other scrap blizzard puts in my bag, i don’t interact with any of it, it’s amazing.

6 Likes

You can just sell your fragments to NPC and pretend you’re using the old, simple loot system.

2 Likes

Same. I got 370 and something gear off the ah, I got that it can get upgraded with some flinstones up to ilvl 390 and something and then I got some whelpling shadowstones in my bag I have no idea what to do with.

Googled about them, it says adventurous gear can be upgraded from lvl 5 to lvl 8 with the welping shadowstones, but when I tried it still asked for the flinstones.

I’m getting too old for this.

4 Likes

Last season Valor was great. Maybe change the quanity to be more exponential as the difficulty/ilvl raises to dissuade m+2 farming. But other then that it should have been the basis for the pve upgrade system.

Only thing was was really missing was a pve vendor to buy stuff from raids and dungeons mainly as a way for those unlucky enough to never getting loot at all, and to offset the disgustingly low loot drops in raids.

3 Likes

All upgrades require flightstones, and you get those for pretty much anything you do.

The basic version of what drops from where and upgrades to what is here:

https://i.imgur.com/k27ROAp.png

A more detailed one is this doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQogGG6tjV-PtQgunxFgNVMizsfZ9YhhCRQw9vh0vmmeickHwH9HAaB5o58oKhl-IoTNkKqS_pHEC_F/pubhtml

Yes, it’s complicated at first but once you understand it it’s easy and a lot better than valor. For one because you don’t need X rating to fully upgrade items.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s a lot of info and time spent on it. Thank you!

What do I do with whelpling shadowstones though?

1 Like

Keep them in the bank until/if blizz decides to find a use for them, like exchanging them for flightstones or sending them to alts.

1 Like

Well if you can’t adapt on this simple gearing method probably you should do only normal and heroic dungeons.

1 Like

I just choked on my drink!!!

It’s not as bad as it may appear when you first look at it and there are definite benefits to this system over a purely M+ one.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/951175169454522418/1109795762176536646/5kfgg3gycfwa1.png?width=431&height=462

Once you’ve upgraded a slot it wont costs crests to get to the same item level on a new item. Just flightstones and only half the amount you needed originally.

3 Likes

People are making this system look much more complicated then in reality it is, you get gear, you get some courency and you upgrade it with it.

Only type of courency you can think how to sped are wyrm crest, everythink else you shoud just shotdown your brain and just spend it, meby only make prio to spend Aspect crests on crafting first

1 Like

Many players don’t have the time or will to study how all these systems work. As soon as you need pdf spreadsheets to understand something in a game it’s going way too far. I have no clue what these currencies in my bags are for.

7 Likes

You don’t “need” spreadsheets. It’s just a graphical illustration of how it works.

In the time you’ve spent whining you could have learnt it (or left at least 3 dungeons in protest against something). It’s actually quite intuitive.

The whining is getting old, this system has a lot of advantages over the old ones. I’d bet my life you whined about the old one, nitpicking things that may theoretically happen that can disadvantage people. Now that they’ve addressed a lot of them with a nuanced system we get the old “It’s too complicated”. People dedicate years or decades to this game, its not too much to invest 10 minutes to suss this out.

Gearing system should not be designed in a way, that there must be a followup spread sheet to explain it.

Its just my honest opinon

4 Likes

eh not relly thet hard understant 1 u get use to it not like crafting ting thet night mare for me understant

I can make you spredsheet on how to make a sandwitch and it will be much more complicated then one that explain this sytem, but i atlest belive that you dont need one to make a sandwich

You dont need speedsheet to understand this system, like i said befour players make it more complicated then in reality it is

1 Like

Sorry but this gearing system is not complicated at all :smiley:

1 Like

It baffles me what people complain about.

How is gearing too complicated? You get stones, you get crests, you upgrade gear.

What’s so damn hard about this?

You don’t even have to guess what you need, just read.

Of all the things to complain about, you complain about the one thing that was objectively improved in every way, over last season.

The need of a spread sheet to show how the system works makes it worse. I miss the simple systems with vendors from Wotlk and Cata.

3 Likes