General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

You really don’t.

If you bring your hunter, I am so going to expect at least one ‘clever girl’ reference from them during the roleplay~

2 Likes

Not a dream diary but I had a dream that vividly detailed a forsaken death knight character in looks, transmog and roleplay concept. It is fated that I make it for play one day. It wants to exist.

Okay… okay. Okay.
There. Made a rogue for her. No more polearms. (#bigsadblizzardgivepolearmstoroguespls)

But I can’t take the “You’re not a riftblade, you’re a monk!” anymore.
You’ve no idea how many people just insist you have to have something to do with your OOC class.

I just like playing MW in game, I got zero interest in RPing a monk.
But there. Now our IC and OOC class somewhat match, happy times.

I feel like this roleplaying forum is awful quiet lately. Lots of the regulars seem to have disappeared. What gives? Where are you people? What’s going on in your lives?

Hellooooooooo?

Okay, that would be epic…ish
But I think Cenarius would be better
The WCIII Cenarius of course…
The “Who dares defile this ancient land? Who dares the wrath of Cenarius and the night elves?” kind of Cenarius
Now THAT would be … fun
Well, from safe distance, anyway… preferably from another continent, or planet :eyes:

I seem to have developed a pet peeve.
People using thise little emoticon thingies in RP on the forums. It’s so unnecessary and sort of IC-breaking (if that makes any sense?) in my opinion.
I hate it. Please stop. Just make narrations about your character’s actions. Say lifts her glass, toasting instead of a stupid :wine_glass:

2 Likes

I was about to say the same about the forum activity.

This forum seems even more abandoned than six months ago, and even then I thought it felt pretty abandoned.

Pokes head in
Hello guys, I am back from Holiday… I then also had a few days with no PC as my Heatsink needed replacing but I am back now!

Welcome back, Tek! Hope you had a good one. This place is a bit quiet right now but maybe our favourite clumsy beastmaster could liven things up a little. <3

1 Like

The Roleplaying forum has been quiet since AD and DB ate all the other RP realms and then AD ate DB tbh and we’re in the middle of an unpopular patch in an unpopular expansion.

1 Like

I am getting the impression whenever I’m online these days that WoW’s number active players has rarely if ever been this low, and it feels like there’s been a steep and steady linear drop ever since Legion.

Cataclysm and WoD both had periods where it felt at this sort of level for me, the same people disappeared from my friends list until the next expansion and I took the same kinds of long break.

I feel like we’re not quite at WoD levels of inactivity though but I don’t think we’re very far removed from there. Hopefully the next content patch has some regulars coming back.

Ironically even right now it feels nowhere near as bad as it did playing on a dying server most of Wrath.

Which one did you play on? I was on Ravenholdt during Wrath and it was at that time still home to a thriving roleplaying community, though the community was nowhere near the size of AD and DB the regulars made it feel very much alive.

Then Cataclysm happened and half the regulars quite the game, the other half moved to Argent Dawn. I took a break after leveling to the cap as well and started over on AD after said break.

The Venture Co - RP on it was in the process of dying from mid-late TBC tbh and some (like 30) insane people stuck it out until like late MoP when the server merges happened from what I gather. That said I went to DB in MoP with trips to AD here and there and then at the first signs of DB’s terminal decline to AD.

It was a real pity because TVC’s very chill schlocky tone to RP was really my deal.

1 Like

I feel you. Back on Ravenholdt I felt a sense of community that I haven’t yet felt on AD. AD feels at times too large for me but at least I can at all times find someone (anyone) to RP with which suits my needs now better.

1 Like

I reckon the player count will climb a bit with 8.2

I’ve been very busy ingame and outside of it, dealing with stuff and things without the inspiration to contribute the usual nonsense.

1 Like