General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

"The flash of light you did not see did not erase your memories."

Night elf bounces? Weird illogical writing? Using the Nether as a dumping site for garbage? We have arrived at number 52 and there is no such things going on here. Everything is perfectly normal.
3 Likes
Wanders in, forgets why, wanders out again.
1 Like
Yes, come to the Light. We have cookies!
1 Like
light=/=Light
1 Like
23/09/2018 00:53Posted by Ikaallu
Yes, come to the Light. We have cookies!

Cookies? I'm in.
2 Likes
It's never easy to stay in the old cabin.
For the longest time I've been sensitive to stimuli and sleeping in a room with noisy pipes, partying neighbours or a ticking clock is unthinkable. An unfamiliar bed is nearly as bad.

I still go there to be with family. It's one of a few opportunities to get people all in one place and the general pleasantness of company mitigates the discomfort of changed surroundings. It's a calculated sacrifice, gambling a loss of hours of sleep for hours of family time.

Thus I find myself wide awake in a tiny guest cabin at 5am, the darkness outside being thick enough to spread on bread. The walls are thin and I can hear the wind and the sway of branches in the September breeze so close to the sea.

I'm not easily frightened, showing a mental resilience to stress that stands out in a crowd. A few sounds here and there do nothing to shock me, the creaks and groans of this small space having grown relatively familiar.

It's still difficult to relax when you suddenly hear two hard knocks on the nearby window. Slow, deliberate thumps so as to call attention to it through the blackness. There was no one outside. I would have heard the steps through the tall grass, not to mention the creaky boards outside. I heard no one approach and I've heard no one leave.

This was two hours ago. I'm just waiting out the dawn.
4 Likes
23/09/2018 01:07Posted by Cornelicus
light=/=Light
You would turn down strawberry cheesecake/chocolate cookies because this isn’t the light you’re looking for?

How positively diabolical *winks*
1 Like
23/09/2018 04:41Posted by Marinya
I'm just waiting out the dawn.

Good idea … because, as we all know ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0hTE_oFOoQ

8D
1 Like
23/09/2018 04:41Posted by Marinya
It's never easy to stay in the old cabin.
For the longest time I've been sensitive to stimuli and sleeping in a room with noisy pipes, partying neighbours or a ticking clock is unthinkable. An unfamiliar bed is nearly as bad.

I still go there to be with family. It's one of a few opportunities to get people all in one place and the general pleasantness of company mitigates the discomfort of changed surroundings. It's a calculated sacrifice, gambling a loss of hours of sleep for hours of family time.

Thus I find myself wide awake in a tiny guest cabin at 5am, the darkness outside being thick enough to spread on bread. The walls are thin and I can hear the wind and the sway of branches in the September breeze so close to the sea.

I'm not easily frightened, showing a mental resilience to stress that stands out in a crowd. A few sounds here and there do nothing to shock me, the creaks and groans of this small space having grown relatively familiar.

It's still difficult to relax when you suddenly hear two hard knocks on the nearby window. Slow, deliberate thumps so as to call attention to it through the blackness. There was no one outside. I would have heard the steps through the tall grass, not to mention the creaky boards outside. I heard no one approach and I've heard no one leave.

This was two hours ago. I'm just waiting out the dawn.

It’s very easy to piece together a vivid mental image of this particular cabin you are staying at, and I give credit to your ability to create imagery through words. I have to admit though, I personally find all of those things soothing. There’s nothing quite like being out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but the howl of a lowly drawn wind-on-branches surrounding you. Darkness, as edgy as this is going to sound, is also something I think is a comfortable thing to be surrounded by. It’s the one thing you can hide in, after all.

...Maybe this is the rogue in me talking, smh..
Imagine it being as bright as dawn at midnight.

Experiencing one Finnish summer will teach you to appreciate darkness when you're trying to sleep.
2 Likes
I don't mind the dark, it's the 3am knocking on the window that bothers me.

I've since tested a few circumstances of how noise carries through those walls and I can find no rational answer as to what might have caused it. Some things are just strange and unknown with good reason.

Or the ancestors were right and it's the vaettir being rightfully pissed at us for building a cabin in their woods...

24/09/2018 07:10Posted by Amariel
Imagine it being as bright as dawn at midnight.

Experiencing one Finnish summer will teach you to appreciate darkness when you're trying to sleep.

I'd imagine northern Sweden is just about equally bright but the autumn darkness has pulled its veil over the land.
@ Elyssa

25/09/2018 17:53Posted by Elyssarain
''.....you truly would be audacious enough to attempt defector recruiting right under the nose of a Kaldorei? I had heard stories about Sin'dorei foolishness but this is exceptional!'' Elyssa laughs half in exasperation and half in disbelief.

... dude, what even is this?

A) Speaking in Thalassian
B) Speaking very lowly, and directly, to Talraea
C) Under the nose of what Kaldorei?

??
A) Thalassian is derived from Darnassian, and those fighting against blood elves would certainly make an effort to properly learn the language.

B) Yes...in a public area where anyone could be. Not very subtle, flicking up someone's hood. Move like that draws attention.

C) ......do I really need to explain this one?
25/09/2018 18:30Posted by Elyssarain
A) Thalassian is derived from Darnassian, and those fighting against blood elves would certainly make an effort to properly learn the language.

Reaching.

B) Yes...in a public area where anyone could be

Do not insult my OOC intelligence and my character's IC intelligence by insinuating she was doing this in a manner where anyone else in the vicinity was privy to the conversation. I clearly stated the switch between languages used, and the tone of her voice, as well as pointing out how she leant in quite closely to Talraea.

C) ......do I really need to explain this one?

If it's Elyssa herself? Then yeah, you do, because if you want me to believe she was there THE WHOLE TIME and CathrĂ­on didn't notice, or discussed such sensitive information within ear shot of her, then what the hell do you even think my character is supposed to be? Do you actually think she's supposed to be that potentially incompetent?
Oh no, I'm not getting dragged into another opportunity for people to gang up on me. Shame on the lot of you.
2 Likes
Last I checked, I'm one person, but whatever.

Have fun with your perfect Death Knight, with pristine skin, the ability to speak multiple languages fluently without any real justification, and the attribute of being so stealthily she can stand right beside CathrĂ­on whilst she engages in clandestine discussions at a whispering level, hear everything, and Cath not even notice her presence until she goes "HOOHEEHAA, I HEARD EVERYTHING, YOU'RE SO STUPID".

Why must we fight? DDD;
<//3

I haven't really been able to keep up with the RP forums in-between all of the actual roleplaying in-game and university stuff. I'm one of those high achievers, so it's taking up most of my time.

I'm just stopping by to wish everyone a happy rest-of-the week. Hope you're all doing well! ^^
My periodic detrimental laser focus on archaeology netted me the blue qiraji(?) battletank mount today. I think that's all the uldum treasures.
❤️
26/09/2018 00:39Posted by Ariyel
Why must we fight? DDD;<//3

Cos the Horde burned down a tree due to Sylvie being a cartoon villain. And because Blizzard insist upon this faction separation, even though OOC many including myself have pushed the notion that H/A races would work with each other.

That I have also pushed the notion of working with some of the (dispersed?) Legion is......entirely irrelevant here. >.>

26/09/2018 00:39Posted by Ariyel
I'm just stopping by to wish everyone a happy rest-of-the week. Hope you're all doing well! ^^

Wish you the same!