Genius move

I wonder who is the genius that thought:
“Hey, if we give them, as a talent, a Magus of the dead that deals 6 times less damage than in BfA, Unholy Frenzy will not be the only choice in that row!”

On top of that, after months of Shadowlands some runes don’t even work.
How did the content creators that “tested” DKs in Alfa come to the conclusion that DKs are in a good place?!

After 5 minutes on the PTR , Unholy is … so bad.

2 Likes

Exactly, but it does not surprise me, since on the streams I saw people who could not keep the plague on the target and wounds when using the SS.
Nothing works here. everything is from a different city. the numbers are also so low that it’s funny with tears in my eyes.

When you play unholy, you feel that you are at the beginning of building this specialization, the problem is that this may be the whole next xpac xD

if shadow priest needed huge changes I don’t know what to say about unholy dk.

for this reason I put a lot of thought into the retri paladin and the mm hunter

btw. from the very beginning I wrote about the fact that the biggest problem is the resources at dk unholy, i.e. runes, runic power and weak rng (free DC) and the problem with changing goals during the fight because renewing the plague always costs us one rune and 4 runes for the use of 2 Festering Strike, and we must remember that this is the basis when changing target because then we need more runes to use the Scourge Strike. Of course there are no such problems for example frost dk, because he still uses the free howling blast which helps him renew frost fever. In my opinion, after reading the specification description, I think it should be the other way around.

in general, they have created so many problems now that I don’t even know where to start

1 Like

You better start believeing in monkey’s designing this class, monkeys with egos as all it would take to lessen the situation is to rollback some changes to WoD/Legion, but nah… that would be seen as weak that and that they have been wrong and bad designers. Oh on another note i must say this “do not keep breath of Cindragosa”… as some schmuck on the US forums with a larping deathwing dragon Mog made that same thread named " keep breath of Cindragosa" accusing the so called vocal minority to unjustly hate the spell to much :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried my dk on a dummy on pre-patch ptr.
28% crit ; 41% haste
Playstyle seems okay.
However with lower haste it will be the same as uldir, weakest ST/AoE spec with severe downtimes and unable to switch targets unless they give us faster rune regeneration or rework spells to cost more/do more.

1 Like

So in other words, exactly as the last 2 expacs, but now with even less listening

1 Like

UH DKs with castigator and the bracer legendary in legion played smoothly without issue.

However the gap between those that had said legendary and those that didn’t was too big to ignore as the class couldn’t function remotely properly, which also seems to be the issue in shadowlands. - Too many spells and interactions between them, but ultimately always undertuned which at this point seems to be intentional.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/153?u=vipler-21626
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/163

Such absurdities have been prepared by talented developers for us xD

1 Like

I loved that legendary paired with talent and enhanced wound damage.
I still don’t know why they took it out.
It was exhilarating when scourge strike would pop 4~5 talented wounds at once. Happy days!!!

Well, it may be buffed by the time of release… “may”.

In the past however, dk has a history of it not being changed till after half the dk population has left the game.

3 Likes

What the hell are you talking about?

My Unholy DK was able to get the best DPS out of all my classes on the PTR, nearly double as much as some others.

If anything, unholy is brokenly overpowered like rogues were at the launch of BFA.

prove please,
btw. he mainly mentions bad mechanics. in the case of numbers, he is also right, giving a specific example.

My single target dps was 2,7k as unholy (did NOT use army of the dead)

None of my other toons was able to push past 1,7k, that includes, rogue, hunter, paladin and druid.

So name your ilvl, class and spec that can do over 2,7k single target dps.
I would genuinely like to know, because my personal experience with unholy was that they were overpowered.

I absolutely destroyed other players near target dummies in PvP duels as well.

Most of the new skills don’t even work.

Take off your azerite gear with Magus of the dead.
The magus off the dead from the azerite gear deals 6 times more damage than the magus of the dead from the talent (Magus was hitting harder than me)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.