Genuine question - Crafting professions worthwhile?

Hello everyone,
Returning player here - it has been a whiiiiiiiiiiiile (Years, dont even remember how many :D)

I dont want to start any sort of controversial conversation, but would love some genuine feedback on the state of the end-game for crafters → is it worthwile grinding up a crafter ? Ie do you really get out of it more/better ‘stuff’ then by just playing/raiding?

Asking because back in “my” days, it wasnt really (you would bust your a$$ to get the crafts up, grind the best mats and basically drop better items in the next 5-man :slight_smile: ) And i would rather not waste time returning to the game now to realize it’s still the case (in which case i would just pick up 2 gathering professions and sell mats :-))

Thank you!!

Imo no - but also this is the opinion of someone who doesn’t raid/pvp/m+, and I’m sure those players will tell you you most definitely can’t play without the things professions make, and then it just becomes a matter of do you want to spend a lot of gold on the AH or a lot of gold and time making things.

Afair DF had BiS crafted gear, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same is the case in TWW (again, don’t raid/m+ so I don’t really care about BiS), so once more it’s a matter of what you want to do with your game time.

Personally, if I was starting from scratch I probably wouldn’t even bother with professions, or at least just stick to gathering professions

2 Likes

I love my engineering for all the gadgets and stuff that makes life easy (wormholes!) but it’s definetly a gold sink. I stopped making gold out of it when Blizzard killed ammo.