Get Inactive Guild Name Released

Have seen a few posts about this, but is there a way to get an inactive guild name released?
Me and my friends are thinking of getting back into Wow as of Shadowlands, but the guild name we want to use for old times sake is already in use on the server we want to play on. The guild on that server is though inactive, GM is a lvl 18, 42 members with only 2 above lvl 100 and latest guild achievement was in January -16.
Some posts say you can’t have the guild names opened up, but the the Support Article, https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/2662, clearly states : “In very rare cases, [Customer Support] will investigate the possibility of freeing up a guild name.”

The person in this other forum post did get help earlier this year, so at least back then it was possible to have a guild name freed up.

I can’t get my head around how to create a ticket though, as all name related things just links me to the support articles’ and not creating a ticket. I don’t want to create a ticket under a “false category”, and that’s why I’m looking for help here on the forums instead.

Thanks in advance for any and all help :slight_smile:

You can follow this link to create a support ticket and petition your issue.

1 Like