Getting banned for exploiting

The real glitch in this tread seem to be the obvious disconnect between “Good faith use” and “exploiting”. Breaking the ToU will always return you with a punishment of some sort. Regardless if you do that in FFXIV, TESO or WoW(ffs im so tierd of the “in other mmos” comments, break the ToU in FFXIV and you will get a ban/suspension.

Duplicating a effect intended to be a single buff, excesivelly by tampering is a breach of the ToU in WoW. Do it once, you won’t get punished since it’s good faith but these people did it 30 times if they had the buff up x30 etc.

If blizzard and the players stop caring about the ToU we might aswell pack this game up and turn it into a 2nd “the division”.

1 Like

I have an answer

Blizzard is supposed to make a game and its mechanics for people to play and have fun. PTR is supposed to be for people to try things and report bugs. How you can’t understand this is beyond me, but people want to find ways to have fun. Blizzard made a mistake in their machine and it broke. They should’ve blamed themselves and fixed it, instead of blaming others.

And the players shouldn’t have used a super obvious exploit that they should’ve known would’ve ended up in a ban.

Good we had this talk.

4 Likes

Any bug is a developer’s fault. So?

I would have great fun in misusing a bank’s bug to add a 0 or three behind my current balance. Yea, their fault I go to prison. Now this is not the same at all, but what makes you think using someone else’s error is justified and should NOT have consequences.

I swear this is your mindset
https://media.giphy.com/media/uTf9OKxJL8MRq/giphy.gif
(i wish i could post links :frowning:)

Blizzard’s nit-pickings doesn’t help either side either. You can’t just choose not to ban people for using game-breaking bugs but ban some others thar didn’t harm anyone else. Even if you can, it does not deserve to be defended.

Except for those that leveled in bgs and had a ton of extra stats to wreck anyone they met?

What is your purpose in a game? What is a developer’s purpose in a game? Are you to blame for what they made and didn’t clarify it for days despite you asking them?

It is not a democracy, when do we get this. Want a vote? Vote with your subscription and put a reason in it.

They have stuff in their Code of Conduct / Terms of Use which they can use if they want. Does not mean they always will or always do.

Break their policy, eat the consequences.

And some disagree with this opinion. Fine. Hence why yet another topic was meaningless about this subject.

Addition;
As I have stated in another topic, what do we expect? They receive a bugreport. They investigate it. They escalate it and they fix it. They test it and communicate it. How much time do you think this takes? More than “it wasn’t fixed after a few hours so I used it”. What do you expect? “Ok guys, there’s a bug. Not fixed yet but we are working on it. Please don’t use it pleaaasseee”?

4 Likes

That must be one of the worst comments I’ve seen on this fiasco. I can’t use the word I want to instead of worse.

Of course it’s obvious, if it was intended you wouldn’t need to split the stack would you? Using something to bypass a part of the game or speed stuff up by a huge margin is using an exploit. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to start an argument or just doesn’t have the ability to understand.

Remember when the first BfA raid came out? That huge exploit people used to get worlds firsts, only to have them removed.

3 Likes

Well Rextroy’s case was kinda special he did get banned for the exploit. But got unbanned for appealing since he did acctually report this to the devs so it could be fixed. He also didn’t make it viral, like preach and many others did with this obvious exploit.

Your comparing apples and pears…

1 Like

People exploited something that jeopardize the most expensive thing that you could buy from the cash shop. You ask why they got banned?

No this is my mindset
XDhttps://giphy.com/gifs/owntv-your-fault-iyanla-xUPGcjZGVZFPrN4nfO

And this is how you expect people that want to play a game and have fun to be
XDhttps://giphy.com/gifs/24-jack-bauer-george-mason-crCBzCOxBb2j6
Oh and Blizzard won’t tell you if it’s okay until when it slaps you right in the face.

No blizzard and all other players(should) expect you to play the game according to the rules provided. The ToU provides us a general set of rules to follow, follow these and basicly everything’s fine and dandy. Break the rules however you will get punished if caught. It’s not hard to understand.

If someone exploits something that breaks the game and it’s not present in the ToU, blizzard won’t punish the abuser. However they can and probably will update the ToU to make it possible in the future.

He did the exploit multiple times and killed real players with it. If reporting it was the important part, then what about those that informed Blizzard and still got banned?

Dumbest statement I’ve ever heard. You knew jumping your ilvl from 150 to 340 in a warfront at the start of BFA was not intended. Why did you do it and why didn’t you get banned for it?

I seriously am starting to question people’s comprehensive skills as they don’t seem to understand this is a game for gamers and blizzard allowed this to happen.

1 Like

Did those people ever red Terms of Use? Using in-game bugs/exploits/hacks results in ban. They should report it instead of abusing. Now they are freaking out and crying because they got bans for abusing rules, why bother if blizzard’s banhammer has no ears and can’t hear them cry?

Sometimes all you have to do is agree to disagree.

They chose to suspend people. You can argue about that, but they can whether players like it or not.

But sure, question someone’s comprehensive skills. That helps this topic.

When

it was obviously not meant to work that way.

Spiketcat:

If you believe it’s an exploit

Moritz:

I highly doubt anyone who did it actually believed it was a completely intentional mechanic.

Papudeath:

should be a clear bug
[/quote]

Is all I get, what do you expect?
I didn’t say blizzard didn’t have the right to ban people, I said:

You should first read my comments first to help this thread actually become useful.

I’m still waiting on you to reply to me about the unfair advantage they DID actually get

1 Like

Sorry I don’t do PvP, but as far as I’m aware PvP is percentage-scaled to make everyone deal the intended damage.

I’m also not sure what you would expect when doing PvP during levelling. There are so many other buffs beside this potion that people bring from PvE to PvP. How much have those changed your experience?