Getting into mythic +

Yes, there are communities. Some of them specifically tailored to more laid back runs for starters and people who don’t want too much stress about it.

After getting the hang of it you can always start moving upwards.

A keystone always has the affixes of the weekly rotation, it’s not extra. The base affix rotates between buffing the bosses or buffing the trash packs. Then the extra affixes each get added at level 4, 7 and 10. The affix at 10 is static and changes once per season.

There are communities like Calm Keystones or however they are called.
As for whether you should apply, you have low ilvl so i suggest you start pushing your own key first

Do the dungeons as regular mythic (so non-keystone) first if you want to get to know the area and abilities. Even though those are extremely easy, at least you get to see what’s going on before stepping into an environment with a timely pressure.

Secondly, if you decide to join a random group, you may be best of just letting them know that you are relatively new to M+. This can easily prevent nasty comments or leaving players later on.

1 Like

Most likely the only way to get into mythic+ is to start with your own key. I also hope you have a friend who can tank otherwise you will need plenty of time and patience. Depending on the week and the key it might even take you an hour to form a group for a run. Wishing you luck.

as a new player who has never done it before you better join a community or friendly guild

here is an example

2 Likes

here’s a community. regardless I think best way to go about M+ is starting at M0s and M2 to M5s and get a hang of it then slowly go upper + boost ur ilvl

Like yea, for sure start with your keys or let at least people know u are totaly new and might mess up something.

But 412 is low ilvl? I tanked +10 in time at 405 or so, this season, so for a new olayer, that gona do m0 to m5 at max, 412 is pretty enough

the delicious irony that you called out as egoist quite often but lead newbs to gear for free…

hehe world is fair

Thanks all for the advice and the links to the communities, I will surely check it out!

that’s how it be sometimes, people who run their mouth the most are usually the ones doing nothing :joy:

in case the one i linked is full again, lmk and ill get you a room when i get home

2 Likes

In addition to the individual communites linked you can also find others here

Best of luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

M+ with a mix of beginners and experienced players works best if everyone uses voice communication. The experienced players can explain the tactics using their voice much quicker than typing it out. During fights, it’s nearly impossible to communicate effectively using text chat - typing is difficult and it’s easy to oversee chat messages if one’s stressed out or distracted by all the other visual stuff that’s happening on the screen.

M+ is a pretty toxic enviromenment. Especially for new players with no experience.

You’d better join some guild with the same new players and learn dungeons with them.

Or you can try getting into keys with random players and be ready for some toxic words about you, your family and so on. People nowadays are quite nervous everything relating to m+ and timed runs. Nobody wants to have an unexperienced player in their party.

1 Like

Well, that sounds very promising… maybe I should reconsider lol

What’s the point of telling you something which has nothing to do with reality?

Sure, I could tell that m+ is a place where kind people act kindly and time all the runs with no problems. But that would be a complete lie. M+ is a challenge not only for you as a player, but as a person. Sometimes 1 run can ruin your whole mood. People ragequit, leave cuz of small mistakes or go afk.

Thats the reality of m+. And anyone who wants to begin doing m+ should know about it.

Life is not always kind and bright. It can be dull and cruel as well.

1 Like

If you really want to do M+ then don’t let those with negative attitudes put you off, using a guild, friends or communities for M+ to create your runs will offer a better experience with than with pugs. That being said, you won’t always come across people who are horrible in pugs, its just the competitive nature of M+ alongside other factors which can bring out the worst in people.

Yes there are communities with the purpose of helping new M+ players learn. If you can’t find people to help you then i would advice you to do what i did.

Select a dungeon you wanna try, go to youtube, watch a guide on the dungoen, start your own group, get a full team and run the dungeon, but instead of caring about dps, care more about watching the mechanics that they went through in the guide, so you get some one hand experience. Do that for all dungeons and then jump into group finder and don’t be afraid of ripping other people’s key, it happens, just don’t take it too hard, as long as you do your best.

that’s because tanking is the most braindead role in the game lmao

Yea, you just need to know eveyrthing, what to pull, how much, how to position etc… But i guess “dont stand in fire” is much harder role right?

1 Like