Getting into Shadowlands with my friend who never played before

Hey! This might be a pretty stupid question to ask, but I really want to make my friend’s experience truly enjoyable.

I’m returning player, left the game a few weeks after BfA launch because endless hours of playing made me burn out for the game. Around a month ago I felt like I miss the game, and decided to return. I haven’t bought Shadowlands yet, banished my old main, spent some weeks creating and leveling some characters on Silvermoon, and started my new WoW life fresh:>

I actually invited my friend who never played WoW before to try the game, he liked the game a lot, and now we’re going to get into Shadowlands together. But it’s a Season 4, expansion is almost over, and I never played as a high level on EU (I’m Ukrainian, migrated from RU server and it’s a dead and terrible place right now). Can we still play the game and enjoy the main aspects of it? Are there any people who still running raids on normal mode, PVP zones, or other things that will be interesting for a newcomer? It’s a new blank experience for me, so I would be grateful if you could recommend to me some cool things that we can get into in Shadowlands. Just something that will be cool for a new player without any WoW experience.
Thank you!<3

If you can get into a guild togetherv you shouldnt have a problem finding peope that do all types of content, use the guild finder and read through a bunch before making a decision. Goodluck.

1 Like

With the cross faction implemented, it’s easier to find groups for both factions. Even if you can’t find a guild on your realm, you can find and join a community for doing activities.

1 Like

do not enjoy and play shadowlands, it´s the worst expansion!

1 Like

might be a good idea to start playing shadowlands so you can enjoy dragonflight even more. Because shadowlands is the worst expac since wod

Idk, i played WoD and enjoyed it, I even tolerated garrisons, so I don’t think Shadowlands would be that bad. And if everything is going to be truly horrible i can do rbgs 24/7 and still have fun

Play, yes, but if the last bit means endgame, it might be a bit rough to get into - I recommend asking for help from communities ingame like Scared of Dungeons.

Yes, many players are clearing for a slime cat mount - active fated raid changes weekly, currently it’s Sanctum of Domination.

We only have a war mode now. You turn it on in Org or SW, it’s a world pvp mode of sorts.

Probably some cool mount drops or purchases - the expansion added a ton of them. Most mogs aren’t good, but the baseline covevant sets are really pretty.

1 Like

not the best time to return to the game… in my personal opinion…

better off waiting and coming back for the launch of DF at least.

1 Like

As your friend is new to the game and does not have other expansions to compare to, I imagine they will like the game. Regardless of Shadowlands, there is a lot of content and exploring to do ingame, especially for a new player. So go for it!

I liked WoD too, but Shadowlands is just ugh….not sure how to say it. Basically you have like 6 unconnected zones, a story that makes absolutely no sense, a complicated system of Conduits, Runecarver, some Zereth Mortis cypher upgrades or whatever, rep grind, like 10 currencies for who knows what etc.

That being said, you do not have to do all these things. I stopped playing before the BfA launch, so almost the same time as yourself and started again about a month ago and ignored most of the Shadowlands content that I found dumb (so almost all of it).

1 Like

but shadowlands gave us nothing, no new race, no new class, no new class/race combination

same with WoD

and WoD and shadowlands have 3 raids, which makes them the worst expansion

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.