Giants of the Realm, Rejoice!

I hate to admit that Malunara is a Growth Pot Enjoyer since she’s meant to be an elf and the Forsaken model is too short to convey that properly.
Having joined the ranks of the big-swiggers, I can appreciate the people who use them well instead of treating them all like Titantauren of Thunder Bluff.

2 Likes

A fur merchant who is a “normal” human twice the size of a Night Elf is one of the most bizarre things around, though…

And I keep wondering why people think it isn’t… Like, sure if he was Kul Tiran, it wouldn’t be… But he isn’t, he is supposed to be a normal Stormwind Human, instead of a oversized Kul Tiran monster hunter who may or may not have Vrykul blood inside of them.

And do mind, when I said;

I especially meant the fur traders I mentioned above. Who literally have nothing to offer beside their “big” size…

All the power to the Vrykul RPers, etc! I do love myself some RP with Vrykuls from time to time!

They said they were a Vrykul. Not a normal human. The normal human model with a growth potion, makes an accurate enough Vrykul with the right armour on it, so it ain’t too hard to let your brain fill the gaps in.

But… they’re fur traders … they literally have fur to offer you … <.< in exchange for coin? Come on bro, you don’t need a goblin to explain this simple bit of commerce to you.

Silliness aside though, worth remembering that back in Cataclysm time, Kal’dorei role-players would frequently see Night Elf Mage RPers as “Kill on sight.” Times change and I reckon that so long as they’re not coming in acting like lunatics (which admittedly, you do see… quite frequently.) all is good and adds some unique flavour.

Malunara did, and I said all the power to them; and I love RPing with them proper Vrykul RPers. So what was your point with this comment, exactly?

Your brain failed to fill in the literally response of me to their comment… I suppose that would make your brain even more little then mine, then???

You’re acting like a goblin to miss my point, so good job on your goblining, I suppose?

Kaldorei*

Yes, and back then, I would’ve agreed with you that they would be badRPers, so your point in this is ???

1 Like

*Kaldorei

There is no ’ in it.

2 Likes

I did what now?

Kaldorei, no ’ in it. Which is weird since every other elf race has a … floating comma, somehow.

You mean the Kul Tiras and Zandalar where they are only allowed on the outer docks, those Kul Tiras and Zandalar?

What gets me is that the nations that deal with vrykul more often don’t allow them to leave the outer harbour area, yet in Stormwind I’m just supposed to accept that there’s vrykul walking around the city like regular ol’ people, doing human things and bieng humans in everything but size.

We even have a vrykul bouncer in the Dwarven District that flirts with draenei, for example. (Also, every vrykul I ever encountered in Stormwind was armed and armoured to the teeth).

That’s outside of the fact that the Alliance has had what… 1 good encounter, and maybe 1 neutral one, with vrykul since they met them and those are the Stormheim vrykul in Stormheim and one in Kul Tiras.

In the meantime we have had bad experiences with vrykul in Northrend (all over Northrend), we’ve had bad experience with vrykul in Nazjatar, in the Broken Isles and you also have the Bloodwake vrykul who apparently have a pirate/raiding fleet of a 1.000 ships sailing the seas.

I thought human and elven women were around the same size? Or is the Forsaken female a lot shorter then human females too?

Forsaken models are hunched so that probably contributes to the shortness

And also Night Elves have always been taller iirc, even if the model doesn’t properly show it like with Tauren and Worgen being LARGE in lore but in game are shrunken down a bit.

4 Likes

I’ll thank you for the correction on the typo. That is proper odd considering all the others are called that.

I’m not joining that poop throwing contest that the rest of the post boils down to lol. You do you though, boo.

Again, thank ya! Can you tell I don’t role-play as them haha.

See I’ve heard that said before, but never quite seen it written down “They are only allowed here.” - I more interpreted that from a design point of view as, they’re inspired by viking mythology and would likely be more comfortable closer to their ships / other ships. I’d love to see if there is a particular lore saying “Dem big dudes. Yep. Keep 'em down there.”

This.

I think you can check the forsaken model’s actual height by looking at the guards around the portal room in Dazar’alor because they’re all standing straight.

1 Like

My fault for not being specific I guess but yes, High/Blood/Void elves are close in size to Humans but Night Elves and Nightborne are vastly taller than a Human.

3 Likes
 observes a worgen on my own worgen using a growth potion

gee they must be big right?

check their trp profle...

They are six inches shorter than my Worgen but are using a growth pot.

Nah it’s not about immersion it’s “hurf durf i need to look big and important to compensate for my crippling lack of confidence irl.”

3 Likes

Also seen a zandalari huffing growth pot and they’re enormous (was on my own zandi at the time)

8 Likes

I thought you meant Thalassian Elf aswell… Growth Pot to show NElf-forsaken? Yea, that makes sense… Unlike some other aforementioned nonsense.

Literally this.

Oh, I see. I went off the assumption that you’re a thalassian undead elf and not a night(borne) one!

You make a fair point.

For Zandalar I could only find this sentence.

Princess Talanji has convinced King Rastakhan to permit outsiders in our port.

From the quest “Shakedown”, but that one’s open for interpretation as it can mean they’re either allowed only in the dock area or they could dock and walk all over Zuldazar if they so wished (tho we don’t see non-natives further then the docks, really).

For the Alliance I found nothing, except that only a single female vrykul is present in Boralus that sells plants. So we don’t actually know about what the Kul Tirans think of vrykul.

You’re a legend for tracking down that much though. Again, once of those frustrating areas where stuff is open to interpretation. Although honestly with role-play, I prefer things to be that way provided whatever you’re doing doesn’t step on someone else. Playing a High Commander and flaunting it over someone outside of your guild for example. Random rubbish like that.

1 Like

All in all y’all, judge on the person’s RP rather than being weird about an RP aid.

4 Likes

literally everyone does. Both in RP and in real life.

Yea, but why not give people a chance instead of being all “oh no, GG pots!”. Instead of walking away and ignoring, just… find out more, give them a chance.

4 Likes

A character using growth pots ends up looking really goofy, the models/animations don’t really support those size increases/decreases so it feels visually jarring, it’s really distracting imo.

I think it’s really weird that in a roleplay community some people struggle to simply imagine a character looking different, in this case shorter or taller, than their ingame model. It’s just unnecessary to use those “”“RP aids”"" though I don’t really think we should even call them that.

13 Likes