Gifting Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur

Hi all

I’m hoping someone might have some idea on the best way to do this.

I have been playing WoW with my wife for a very long time now, and she mentioned that she’d really like to have the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur. And doesn’t currently have the gold for this.

So I decided I wanted get it as a present for her. So ever since I have been slowly buying WoW Tokens and selling them on the AH. And now I have pretty much the 5 million gold needed.

The problem comes that I’ve seen posts about people trading gold and it being caught by blizzard and they lose their accounts because of this.

Now of course I don’t know the full details behind those posts so maybe there is something they aren’t saying. And I’d like to think that they lost their accounts for a good reason.

So this is my problem. I don’t want to risk losing an account I’ve/we’ve had since 2005/6.

So bottom line, can I just trade her the gold so she can go buy it or should I have thought of this first and done it some other way?

In case you didn’t know, you can’t buy the mount from the vendor now. (as you mentioned the vendor price of 5 million).

You can only get it on the black market which last i saw it was going for more than 5 million gold.

As for trading the gold… it shouldn’t flag you as the gold came from a legit source but there have been a small number of people that report getting accidentally suspended or banned for trading large amounts of gold.

Nobody can say if that would happen to you, it shouldn’t, but it could. If it did all you can do is go through the appeal process.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying.

I just realised after going to look again that I had mis-remembered and it was the Transmog mount that I had got at the vendor.

I will have to go look at the BMAH to see how much it is then.

Let’s just say people who report this tend to leave out some pretty critical details, and it’s really not something that regular players should be worried about.

Though as Ráevelyn mentioned, actually getting your hands on this mount is far from a straightforward affair these days.

I hope you can still figure something out, or maybe find another gift for your wife.

Every time i’ve seen it up, the bid has been at the hefty sum of 9,999,999 gold - which i think is the actual gold cap.

That’s what I heard, you have to be the 1st to bid with the gold cap seconds after the mount appears on the BMAH.