Gilneans in the maw

So the Gilneans that died in Teldrassil are not Important?

Where did they go in the maw? All we see is Nelf souls.

Darnassian Citizens are [night elves], [humans] , [worgen] , and [gnomes] found all over the [burning] [Darnassus] on [Teldrassil]. Many of them are already deceased.” - Gamepedia

Link:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Darnassian_Citizen

I mean… we just went through a war. Tons of people died, not just Nelfs or Gilneans. Hell, not even just Alliance.

So far we only know that Bwom has been pulling troll souls, but everyone else? Straight to the Maw.

Yeah but considering the Night Fae quest is all about saving Teldrassil’s souls…

If it helps for visuals, I do see Gilnean - or at least Worgen souls in the Maw sometimes. Specifically in the Maw of Souls daily quests.

If that helps!

Is it, tho? I think we’re just saving souls, it’s never specified who they belong to. There is a good chance there’s a psychopath monster among them who legit belonged in the maw, but we pulled them out and dumped them in Ardeweald.

As for the covenant campaign quest, take it up with Shandris and Tyrande. Do they even remember about their Worgen neighbours?

We don’t safe Gilneans because, according to Elegy, all the Gilneans living in Teldrassil were evacuated from the city before it was destroyed.

Lore > Gameplay, in this case.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s sad that the teams didn’t managed to communicate properly.

1 Like

So the Gilneans ALL made it out alive, ALL of them… but the Night elves burned. That makes no sense lmao

Well they do have the racial trait “Running Wild” I guess.

You know um… survival of the fittest and all.

1 Like

That’s what happens in Elegy. Genn Greymane orders this and Tyrande is okay with it lol.

1 Like

Got one from Pre-AlltotheMaw in Maldraxxus as well, built a new Body for her.

Tyrande is oke with it because she thought the city would be conquered, not destroyed and the Gilneans where guests that already suffered once.

They were already evacuated by the time the Horde entered Darkshore.

3 Likes

You can see all kinds of souls during the 1st visit to the Maw after the Chilling Summons quest. From dwarfs to vrykuls, and so on.

iirc Ysera sent you to follow Shandris to the Maw, etc. So, ask the dragon? :man_shrugging:

I know 3 candidates in Oribos that might act like Anduin soon™. (Jaina is dreadlord? :thinking:)

The devs wanted to use elves as a tool for the story to progress. Not sure there are reasons other than the dev preferences.

gl hf

That’s still stupid. No children should be taken hostage by the Horde.

I don’t think it’s hard to note that it’s easier to evacuate 1.000 people, than it is to move 100.000

(Scale may vary, but I’d say that would be the ratio Gilnean/NE to be had in Teldrassil).

Still kinda of silly that they prioritized evacuating adult men gilnean to night elf children though.

3 Likes

Who said they did?

Let’s say that they set up portals that allow pairs of two to traverse them at the same time. And let’s assume that they made no distinctions regarding the race of the civilian passing through.

Even if they prioritised the passing of children, with a ratio of 100 NE for each Gilnean, we would still have no Gilnean left to 99 NE remaining behind.
Yes, and amongst them, we’d probably have plenty of children.

1 Like

Blizzard says all Gilneans have been evacuated, meanwhile the ingame shows dead Gilneans everywhere

A Gilnean child inside the temple of Elune. And even Queen Mia stayed behind to make sure everyone is safe. All this doesn’t add up

Skip to 7:39

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.