Give A Free 60 Boost!

The first response would be, it’s not hard to level and you’re right. But with the time, money and effort going into SoD, Blizzard need to bring new and old players back.

Giving every account a free 60 boost (maybe with full ST gear) would hopefully bring people back that quit previous phases.

I cannot see anyone not agreeing with this (unless it’s Retail or Cata players), but guilds are crying out for people so why not give the new/old players the carrot and maybe they will come?

The problem are the runes.

They were good when their respective phases was current content.

Just look at all the busy work someone has to do for divine storm or Meta form now? or every class that needs to hunt down a rider in 4 different zones.

Personally i am not leveling alts simply because of runes being chores and not fun.

they should’ve made catchups

3 Likes

I agree the thing about the runes. I can see people leveling in dungeons more once there is one (or two) server.

Runes can be discovered at certain levels, add a vendor that sells them when you are 5 or 10 levels above it? To prevent level 1s with all runes. although that could be fun on it’s own.

2 Likes

NO

Pure discussion manipulation! To me it looks like you are the one from retail and/or cata.

There’s a large bunch of ppl who want to lvl through dungs, questing and the old raids. What you’re proposing is simply gamebreaking.

As for the remarks about the runes, having runes tucked away behind reputation walls, such a great idea, NOT.

2 Likes

cringe.
flagged for trolling.

Yes, it will bring A LOT of new “players” that you can see by typing “/who blackrock depth hunter”

1 Like

The game needs something for newcomers and returners indeed, but this idea is by far too much…

Maybe extra +100% exp for quests would help to make questing viable.
And sunken temple creatures -30% damage and -50% hp to tune it down to 10 man without reduction of loot amount to make that gear and exp runs less struggle.

And also a vendor for the low lvl runes that are known to be a struggle to get…
Or maybe make runes give experience based on the amount of work they require to compensate the time “wasted”.

They could make 3(+) categories of runes struggle:
Easy (where you need to find just one thing or kill 1 npc, all in 1 zone) gives 50k exp. Or 2 student fodder.

Medium (farm more mobs or find multiple objects in 1-2 zones) give 100k exp. Or 4 student fodder.

Hard (high rng factor and/or whole world journey required with 3+ different zones to visit or cannot be done solo) 150k exp or 6 student fodder.

This would make up for the hours of work you have to put in to get your runes.

1 Like

You say there’s a bunch of ppl who want to level, where are they? Maybe this would be happening if someone had the chance to get a free boost and become hooked so they carry on playing, and then likely want to level an alt!

As for the Runes, there are some that are a pain which I agree, but there’s plenty that just require players to visit a location and done (like the ring runes). But then this kind of circles into your initial comment and I could phrase are response like this:

There’s a large bunch of ppl who want to discover runes while questing and playing the game.

Note that the above is to counter what you wrote about ppl wanting to lvl via dungs, questing and the old raids etc., but a vendor with more runes on would get my vote.

1 Like

If this is in response to my post, please offer your suggestions on getting people to play as ‘cringe’ and ‘flagged for trolling’ is not really helpful.

Introduce a level boost and make runes up to p3 already collected, nobody gonna go back on Meta/DS/other bad rune quests.

But let’s not add a paid boost to a seasonal server, it’s just a scam. Like seriously leveling compared to p1 and p2 is so good. Incursions and the level boost buff are insane.

just add a x300% xp buff only the weekend so we have a battleground weekend and a leveling weekend

Getting the runes after level 40 is really not that hard. You have a mount. Stop wanting stuff for free all the time.

OR… and get this now, right?
they could do nothing and leveling would still be extremely easy and forgiving.
my friend just went 1-60 in 2 days starting on a brand new account.
seriously stop.

there is already an exp + gold boost buff in the game. stop asking for more. it is overwhelmingly easy and generous as it is.

you asking for free boost is whats cringe and its borderline trolling considering this LITERALLY just happened in the other versions of classic wow, and guess what; it lead to ingame storemounts, MORE boosts and wow token, just like the so-called “doomers” said it would and now the game is ruined.

stop trolling.

and with that being said, this thread can now walk into the sunset and slip into the nether so blizzard doesn’t get the wrong idea when they glance the front page.

2 Likes

Yes the leveling is ok, but collecting runes is a huge waste of time if you want to level fast because for many runes it is just traveling around the world, so it would be a good solution to bind some big exp rewards for every rune (like i said maybe in 3 different categories) .
It’s funny how they rewarded us with student fodder for a “useless” piece like sleeping bag to make up for the invested time… but collecting runes is not rewarded.

I see the GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO, rush, rush, rush, rush, rush, faster, faster, skip all… mentality has finally made it’s way into SoD.

1 Like

add a vendor that sells runes for gold then.
50g per rune regardless of which phase they are from.
requires a lvl 60 on account to purchase for alts and are bind on account.
no boosts.
no store “services”.
no token.
stop.

Yes.

My way would at least be “do the stuff we produced for you” but with a less time wasting note.

runes are as integral to character functionality as spells from trainers are, so the fact quests need to be done to obtain them is bogus anyway.

it was fine in phase 1 and 2 because there were not that many of them and blizzard wanted to give people something to do while capped at lvl 25-40-50, but at this point there’s like 55 runes to obtain PER CLASS if we include the ring runes, and the vast majority of the questlines they are locked behind require the player to farm mobs that have terrible spawn and/or drop rates, travel across the world and back several times, and in general just pad a lot time that could be spent leveling instead.

if not allowing them to be sold at vendor for a high price, they could at the very god damn least make them account-wide (so i don’t have to go pick up i.e the mace skill rune 9 bloody times over assuming i have 1 of each class)

the fact people are straight up asking for boosts is not surprising to me, but while i am strictly opposed to straight up purchasing 1-60 boosts + starter gear, i am very much in favor of relenting on the rune collection aspect of the game because its getting a bit excessive by this point.

for all i care they can leave in the rune questlines so people can obtain the runes the old-fashioned way and save some gold in the process, but currently, the fact they cannot be obtained through simply purchasing them (for a steep price) is keeping a lot of people from making new characters and leveling up, because they look at the level grind and then go “oh right, there’s the rune grind too” knowing how awful that grind is, and just say :poop: it.

this is me saying “ok, its a bit much, maybe this aspect of the leveling process could be alleviated a bit” without being in favor of straight up boosts.

we’ve already seen what happens the second we give blizzard an inch in regards to boosts and it should definitely never happen in SOD, but purchasing runes is a far cry away from that.

like seriously, its called nuance.
lets not pretend this is a nonexistent concept.

Completely agree, leveling is quite easy in with the buff. Rune hunting and grinding is chore though.