Glory of the Raider / Immortal timeout

Glory / Immortal etc should time-out after the current patch is over.

Keeping them in the game after that patch is over regardless of raid ilvl or whatever other nonsense is not how it was and not how it should be.

It’s an achievement for the current phase. Titles & mounts should be restricted to that phase.

At the very least it should be mounts, which were restricted per their tier patch on original. Not doing so removes the prestige, originality and the feeling of accomplishing something - just some of the reasons they were removed per tier on original.

Obv most ppl are gonna be against it because majority doesnt have it.

2 Likes

Immortal and Undying titles were available until the cataclysm pre-patch

Regardless, we don’t have progressive patch based balance so I don’t really see why you are against the meta achievements being item level capped in the future? We are already stronger than we should be for Undying/Immortal and it’s barely prestigious as is

I’m sitting in dalaran in game while typing this and from where I’m standing I can see 6 people using immortal and at least a dozen using undying. You can also buy the titles/achievements, have seen people selling them since the second week.

I just think it’s a weird stance to have when the titles/mounts could be a fun thing to go back and get for people after having not run naxx for a while

6 Likes

Nah dont remove it, I wanna see people in T9/T10 failing to get undying after a year of wotlk

5 Likes

They can leave in the meta achievements as long as they restrict them to phase 1 loot specifically. The mounts in particular are rare in retail specifically because they were removed when Ulduar came out.

I didn’t get either back in the day, my guild sucked but we also were not made aware they were getting removed so we weren’t in a hurry, achievements were a new concept back then.

Exactly. Titles & mounts should be restricted.

Don’t you guys ever get tired of being of pedantic and toxic?

Prestige is not something you should care about.

Just let people have fun and not worry about all these FOMO elements.

If people want to go for black proto when they are decked in ICC25HC gear then let them?

4 Likes

People can go back with full icc hc gear. They just shouldn’t get the rewards from those achievements. That’s the way it was and that’s something that creates relevance for said achievements. Its something that shouldn’t be changed.

1 Like

Why does he care ?

If I had to assume id say he has it on his Wotlk main and thinks he is special. If they remove it then a lot less people will have it and he can feel like he is flexing. Usually how players that never achieved anything on retail feel in my experience.

You want something “special” ? Go get the server first raiding achys. Those titles will set you apart, not Lolmmortal.

Or look at it this way ? Classic is dead in max 2 xpacs because the true dog$hit starts, don’t care so much, it does not matter.

This is unfortunately coming across very salty from your part. The integrity of the achievements should be left how it was and not changed to essentially make them meaningless.

Your very off topic and odd nerd rage regarding the longevity of Classic does not help your case. If you hate it so much reflect on what you’re doing with your free time.

Thanks for the input though, but next time try and be less insulting. People will take you more seriously.

Insulting ? Not at all. I am still confused as to why people care so much in a side version of the main game. And don’t let that fool you, I play classic non stop, and I love it. Its a FAR superior product than Retail has been in a long while.

This all does not mean what I say is untrue. Classic players usually want simple content where people of different skill sets can have fun. And I want that too. Dont have it in me to wipe too much any more. Im old (Same as a big part of the people iv met in classic). However some raids coming after Wotlk have a higher difficulty spike, and soon enough we wont be able to just class stack and outdps stuff before mechanics impact results. Ergo I dont think people will want to wipe and will stop playing (As has been the case any time something was a bit “harder”).

As for the achys, I got Immortal 16th in the World back in the original game, as well as every single Raid Server First too. I have the first 2 meta mounts and a ton of other rare stuff, trust me I have literally nothing to be salty about as I care so little for mounts and achys in classic that iv passed on 3 Alar mounts so far and try to stay clear of achievements as much as possible.

If you want the same as it was, then your Immortal/Undying stand is wrong. As some have pointed out these achys were not removed. Only the meta mounts were as a reward. Blizzard had a lot of harsh feedback from players and near instantly decided to not do this again in the future.

If you think the Blizzard of today is going to remove the meta mounts then I have a bridge to sell you.

Again, I dont about these things because I finished and had them all when it was time to do it when it was all new. Its not insulting to say that people who usually did not get to experience this are still probably hungry for it.

I very much doubt you did. Feel free to post on your character with those realm first achievements.

Nevertheless, what you’re saying is off topic and saying people will quit because content is harder? The population is begging for Uld… what planet are you on? Even clear boomers like yourself are not struggling. Don’t even need to check your current guild situation to know it will be above 1.5k rankings to say something so out of touch.

Also, it seems you didn’t read the post. I didn’t say remove. I said timeout. Title and mounts should be restricted to current patch. Which mounts originally were. And titles should be too.

And they already said they’re unsure about what to do with them, so who knows? Certainly not you.

“Keeping them in the game after that patch is over regardless of raid ilvl or whatever other nonsense is not how it was and not how it should be.”

I agree with you, but there is so many changes to this “classic” game who was gonna be “How it was back then”, but they already made so many changes and at this point noone cares becuase Blizzard dont listen to the community anymore, they do as they like!

1 Like

No. Classic is classic. Deal with it.

I remember back in WotLK when I would inspect people equipping Shadowmourne with awe. Nowadays no one will recognize you on your glory mount, and no one cares about the title - so why do you?

This :smiley:

I remember having warglaves on TBC was such flex, our guild was one of the first people to get Alar on our realm and sure as hell we were showing it off in middle of Shattrath …

TBCC first week of TK, there was like 54315413857434 alars at every corner and 5413514141 rogues with warglaves stuck at 1400 rating …

It was like “who the hell even cares” xD

Most of it is reflected by a lot of boomers trying to copium that “nobody cares dude haha”.

If nobody cares it should stay the same :slight_smile: And by the same, mounts are not obtainable after current phase - and titles should not be either.

1 Like

Or is it boomers who think they will stay relevant by flexing achiev from trivial content ? :thinking:

I have better achievements & mounts. This is just my opinion, that Wotlk should be kept the same as much as possible, including achievements. If you disagree that’s fine, but nobody is saying having that mount is flexing.

What you’re doing is trying to put words into my mouth, which were never said, to make a point because you do not have anything else useless to say. Classic boomer gaslighting if we didn’t already know it’s what you’re known for.