Glyph of Wrathguard

This is probably not the first threat created on this topic but why doesn’t the wrathguard dual-wield? It has been working and then it stopped worked with no real feedback as to why.

If you look into other people’s reactions, the glyph should both turn your felguard into a wrathguard (working) and equip 2 weapons (not working).
On top of this, people are reporting the wrathguard equips 2 random 2-handed weapons out of your backpack.

Especially:

• Despite the tooltip stating it to be “Exclusive with: Glyph of Felguard”, if you use the Glyph of Felguard first, then use the Glyph of Wrathguard, you will actually have the functionality of both glyphs. Even though you are prompted to overwrite the Felguard glyph and it doesn’t state you have both on your Summon Wrathguard icon, they do both actually work.

• In BfA the Wrathguard’s dual-wield functionality was removed and the Wrathguard will now only carry one weapon. This was an intended change in order to normalize damage and simplify tuning of the Wrathguard compared to the Felguard.

Is this true, do we have confirmation on this?
I have checked this on the 8.2 PTR as well, dual-wielding wrathguards do not exist for me.

I created a ticket for this which got me the reply that I should post in here.

Wrathguard was not the only demon that lost second weapon, Shivarra has lost her second set of blades as well, now she only wields one set of blades.

I have asked about Wrathguard and Shivarra many times, and i never got any responce.

4 Likes

It was really cool, even felguard got 2 weapon when you logged on the first time of the day.

Inventory, not just backpack. And I hate that they changed it from backpack to inventory. It allowed to have more control over what weapon your Felguard/Wrathguard will use. But now you just loot a random gray two-hander, port in to the City or into an instance and you end up with your demon running with random weapon. All this because people were confused what backpack means.

That’s how Glyph of Wrathguard works. By defualt Glyph of Wrathguard just includes the functionality of Glyph of Felguard. You don’t have two glyphs applied. That way you can still choose to go for Wrathgaurd and be able to customize his weapon.

Yeah, due to some scaling problems Wrathguard wasn’t in Legion at launch because it did less damage than Felguard. There was a problem of balancing effectiveness of hitting with one vs hitting with two weapons. So they went with just one weapon.

In current patch Wrathguard sometimes had one sometimes 2 weapons. I don’t realy know what’s going on there. Are they looking for a way to make it dual wield or not.

It is a bug, Wrathguard will still use one handed animations, and damage will be the same.

In general when something is cool blizzard knows how to destroy it xD

Something I learned since years now :blush:

3 Likes

lmao basically they’re just too lazy to bother normalizing the damage each time because it takes them a little more time to do so and just gimp the pet instead sasuga blizzard the same guys that removed itemization from PvP because it’s much easier to make everyone just do some weird dumb scaling dmg so they don’t have to bother balancing the game

I just need my wrathguard with 2 Armageddons , blizzard cmone fix it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The reason your wraith guard has one weapon is because he now uses animations for one weapon , i noticed this when he was summoned he would previously start with two but the moment he engaged into melee one would disappear due to him using single weapon animation. In short ,he only dual wielded until he started fighting at beginning of bfa.

I personally dont mind he uses a single two hander however the weapon should perhaps be made slightly larger as thry are still scaled smaller like they was when he did dual wield. Also his stance when passive kinda looks wrong with single weapon due to him moving like he has something in his off hand thats not there.

The real reason why Wrathguard and Shivarra has lost their second weapons, is that blizz is somehow has managed to screw up damage dealing calculations for dual wielding, and they decided not to fix it and simply remove Wratguard’s and Shivarra’s second weapons.
P.S. For shivarra her dual swords is counting as single weapon, pre BFA she had second pair of swords in her middle pair of hands and those swords counted as offhand weapons.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.