GM chat support?

In the game, someone accidentally clicked “need” on boss item. We clicked the support icon and then “how to contact a GM” and that page then says “click the GM chat button the top right corner”, but we don’t see that button anywhere???

One news on the in-game web page says “GMs can now be contacted starting at 2pm instead of 1pm”, so my local time is 2:30pm, so how do I contact one please? It just is not clear, because this “gm chat button” does not exist anywhere, at least I cannot see it.

Anyway, how do I contact a GM to look into it, please?

1 Like

You can’t contact a GM directly, unless you have an open ticket, and one contacts you.

When that happens, a button will appear in the top right, to open the GM chat window.

To reiterate.

1. You need an open and valid ticket.
  2. The button will only appear when a GM is ready and available to talk to you.

GM’s do not deal with misrolled loot issues. It’s sad, but you are out of luck I am afraid.
GM’s do not work on the forums. You can’t contact a GM via the forums. You absolutely do need an ingame ticket to talk to a GM.

Private servers don’t have millions of subscribers online at any given time, Blizzard does.

This is Blizzard’s stance on Classic loot drop trading/items outside raids:

In short: They’ll not be able to help should you be able to contact them somehow.

haha, “average ticket waiting time: 3d 5h”… what a joke. Just how BAD is the service of this pos company.

I played original vanilla back in the days. You could page a GM in game and after about 30 minutes he’d be chatting with you, and then he’d resolve such an issue np.

How far this giant pos has fallen. I will never buy another game from them, I already skipped all the sc2/d3 crap they released, and it was the right choice. No idea why I made this mistake of going back to “their” wow classic (with very strange nerfs and bugs), should just play it IN A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE RUNNING IT ACTUALLY CARE instead.

And I’m not the only one thinking like that. Friend of mine is also wondering wtf Blizzard is doing here, and so are a lot of other ppl. Blizzard just cannot get their st together nowadays.

Instead of coding layers right from the beginning, they had to make rules to mask their lack of skill and the sht they produced there once again. In Aion, layers were a FEATURE and you were able to switch them at will, and it worked perfectly fine and no harm to economy was done in any way.

I’m so tired of this mediocre bunch of ppl who think they’re good at making games - only their artists are good, that’s it, and they’re living off their reputation from way back. Their support sucks so much it’s not even funny. And don’t even get me started on the jeff kaplan bullst bingo videos, that’s not even funny…

3 Likes

Hello there Uzar,

I am sorry that you had an issue with Loot Distribution, however as Saneko has already mentioned, the Game Master team will not be able to trade the loot won through a loot roll to another player, as outlined in the previously linked thread.

Please understand that World of Warcraft in the overall sense, and Classic especially have a great focus on “Player Agency”. This can be defined by several criteria:

1. The player has control over their own character’s decisions.
  2. Those decisions have consequences within the game world.
  3. The player has enough information to anticipate what those consequences might be before making them.

Someone rolling “Need” and winning an item is an example of this, all members of the group had the option to roll on the item, with the consequence being that the character with the highest roll would receive it.

Whilst I understand your frustration, this is not something that the Game Master team will be able to resolve for you, I am sorry.

I have a feeling this is more of a ninja thread than an accidental click.