GM Requested Technical Support post

This post is about an interface problem, that cannot be solved by deleting the WTF folder and/or trying the console cvar_default command.

The GM has requested if his tips did not provide the solution, to post the problem here, because then it might be a problem with the game itself.

A ticket was made about this problem with screenshots:
Ticket Number: EU94461564

The request:
On rogue (in classic cata pre-patch), in the professions tab, the first aid profession level counter seems to be stuck. It’s stuck at 0/0.

Tried unlearning it, not button to be found. So I cannot unlearn the profession to reset it and relearn it. It does not increase it’s level when making bandages. As a result it excludes as a result higher levels of bandages.

Is it possible to somehow have it reset? So that I can relearn it, or unlock it somehow. Because it makes any pvp impossible.

Please find the screenshot attached and have a look at the profession level bar.

GM Reply:

I’m sorry you’re experiencing UI issues in World of Warcraft. Let’s try a few steps to get things sorted out for you.

Firstly, let’s perform a UI reset. You can do this by following these steps:
Exit World of Warcraft entirely.
Open the Battle.net desktop app and select the game you want to reset.
Click on the Options dropdown menu and choose Show in Explorer (Windows) or Reveal in Finder (Mac).
Navigate to the World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF folder.
In the WTF folder, locate the “Config.wtf” file and move it to a different location or rename it.
Once you’ve moved or renamed the Config.wtf file, restart World of Warcraft.

This step will reset your user interface settings to their default values. If you’re still experiencing issues after this step, please proceed with the following:

Enter the command: /console cvar_default
Press Enter to execute the command.

This step will reset your in-game settings to their default values, which may help resolve any persistent UI issues.

If you’re still experiencing problems after trying these steps, I recommend reporting the issue on the technical forums. Our development team closely monitors these forums and investigates reported issues to provide fixes in future updates. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/

Conclusion:

The problem still persists, and as a result the rogue is unplayable for pvp without such an important profession. Please refer to the screenshots provided in the support ticket for reference.

I have payed a character boost on this character in the past, I wouldn’t mind deleting the character and creating a new rogue, if the problem cannot be solved short term, if a free character boost can be provided. Because this is not a problem that is on the player’s end.

Thank you for any assistance

In World of Warcraft, secondary professions cannot be unlearned,

If you are no longer able to skill up your secondary professions there could be because of (one of millions pre-patch’s bug) which I’m sure it will not be solved by removing WTF file/folders or even deleting Character , but still there is a way which is reporting it as a bug and wait until they fix it.

I understand. But a rogue without bandages is like playing a priest without heals. It makes the character literally unplayable for pvp. On top of that, it’s a character that a character boost was recently bought for. So the character boost feels lost aswell.