Gnolls & Kobolts,the future of Faction balance

Hozen and Jinyu

Should have been done ages ago.

We see troops of each assisting with the respective factions in BFA. There are literally Hozen wearing horde uniforms pouring out of the portals and going to the flight master and they are labelled as horde and named something like “Horde Soldier”.

Why hasn’t this been done yet?

1 Like

No more elves, please, we have too many of them already. And no more hoomans, they are boring and we have too many of them too(Kul Tirans, hoomans, gnomes, mechagnomes, undead, dwarves).

2 Likes

But Hozen have fur and are a beast race! They would be furries by definition! Access denied!!!
Only more humans and elves allowed!

Me no care.

It would add lots of value:

• Two new “not human” races for spice
  • Hozen have this “troll race” aura which will convince people alliance got the “better deal” (i prefer hozen but w/e)
  • It will build on the fact these races literally joined the factions as far back as in pandaria and yet have been forgotten since.
  • Opportunity to re-emphasise the pandaria-monkish elements of the game which allows worgen and goblin to finally get round to learning how to be monks.
1 Like

I might like you… Your not on the ‘‘Human’’ only looking side. Outside of the Human/elf and dwarf/And smaller dwarves sphere.

What makes wow interesting is there are races which aren’t just “humans, but” so i’d really push that tbh. I mean yeah I can get why Vrykul are loved, but honestly, how many games have vikings in them? Now ask yourself how many have fleshed out concepts of monkey men, or walrus men?

Their racials would be easy to work with as well given their distinctive features each.

1 Like

Allot of people agree with that I know for a fact. I personally wouldn’t be against monkey or Walrusmen at all. Vikings are overdone for sure.

Norse mytholigy and lore is still pretty awesome tho. But yeah… Had Enough Lagnar lodbroks for a lifetime to last now. As far as Game Characters are concerned.

Pretty sure Ogres should be first in line for any new race introduction

That I can agree on,but what would be an equally good race for alliance?

And maybe I’m to hopeful in that Gnolls and kobolts would help balance =/

I just want to roll a Tortollan so I can winge about all the (daft) young’uns and how it was better in my days. It be easy to RP since I’ve been doing that IRL more and more with each year.

shakes fist in air

Oh and on topic: Any way we can get Gnolls and Kobolds… sure, do it! I’m always up for a bit more races. Hell, I’d play a Murloc if they let me… but that will never happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Either the Broken draenei or blizzard will have to create an entirely new race for the Alliance is an expansion on a new world or new continent

I would also love the opportunity to play as Tortollans!

1 Like

What about murlocs?

Could be as well:)

Cool give gnolls to the Horde and naga to the Alliance.

i want to play as gnoll hunter.

If Ogres were a playable race, there’d be an Ogre avatar on the left side of this post. Not sure why they aren’t already.

Just that picture a few posts up, it’s like “C’mon! Gnolls are absolutely Cool! I love that picture so much” But Yeah, Gnoll Hunter’s would be amazing. The ones who bring the resources that keep the tribe alive, but yeah, looking at that picture it is just like “Yeah, that is Gnolls, that Hunter looks seriously badbottom!”

Ok first of all I’m of the opinion that they really really need to add more customization to the existing races first. Once that is done, perhaps they can add Gnolls as a race for the ‘‘spice’’ as people say, and cause they are pretty cute lol. Don’t forget their models will need to be updated and new animations added for all the spells so it will be quite some work. I would also love to see Arakoa as a race. Or Harpies. Who agrees?

2 Likes

Arrakoa would be pretty interesting, although I always found the flying ones more interesting than the ground based ones. I don’t know why, but the grounded ones, perhaps because of how they dress, always seemed to me, to be all caster based classes, with the flying ones being your warrior aristocracy. I mean that is probably just down to how they are portrayed in WoD.

Harpies would be a hard ‘No’ for me. One for a reason that wouldn’t bother me personally but may well bother others, and Secondly for a reason that just makes them an absolute ‘Nope’ in my eyes.

The One that might bother some people is the fact that you can only play females. That doesn’t bother me. I already have female characters anyway, but can you imagine the delicate Reddit and Twitch fans getting told they have to play a female character in order to play that race? It would drive them mental! We know that you only get Female Harpies (Because of the Second Reason I think they would be incredibly -bad-), so it isn’t even like, say Ogres, or Gnolls or even Kobolds where we could very well be fighting female ones, but because they are a different species, we wouldn’t know. I mean for sure, Blizzard has the tendency to assume that you make the female of the race more slender and whack a bra on it. However, that design philosophy is just weird. I know Marsupials are a thing, but have you noticed that female Naga have lady bumps?
Why would that happen? They lay -Eggs-. Generally speaking, if a creature lays eggs, it does not have chest bumps, because they would fulfil no purpose!

Which does lead us onto the Second Reason why Harpies should never be playable…

Yeah. They’re all female. That’s not so bad at all in my eyes, but the reason -WHY- they’re all female, is not something I want to see in a game. Blizzard said (This may have been retconned, but I’ve never seen them formally do so, and they have referenced it as recently as Legion) That Harpies procreate by taking male prisoners. And those male prisoners are forced to …well, there is no easy way of saying it that won’t get a ban, but lets just say that the fathers, who get the Harpies pregnant, are not giving consent.

I can’t see that going into the game as a playable race. Nor bloody should it! I’m faintly annoyed that Blizzard even think that it was an acceptable concept to introduce in the first place, and even more that they doubled down on it in Legion.

Anybody think they’d have made ‘R’ jokes in Legion if it was a woman being violated? No. Of course they wouldn’t. And rightly so. But it’s fine when it is a man? According to Blizzard, apparently so.

Thats how Harpies Procreate. And thats why they should never, ever be playable…You’d literally be encouraging players to play a species that procreates via the means of violating other thinking human beings.

Which is why Harpies? Heck no.

Lets go back to more wholesome topics like cannibalistic Hyena people, stupid faced Skaven, and Brutes too stupid to not talk about themselves in the Third Person… Oh, and Arrakoa, lets throw them in there as well. :rofl:

2 Likes