Gold Nerf Since S4 Went Live

Once again blizz have detected fun and decided to put people off playing.

It would appear the amount of gold quests have been significantly nerfed on the World Quest reset in EU just now.

This is in addition to the cache rewards from weekly reputation rewards, e.g. Loam niffin being nerfed from 1500g to about 200g.

Ah well less reason to log in.

5 Likes

Feels bad i always did these loam weekly quests for gold.

1 Like

You guys still farm gold?

Its so mind-boggling inefficient to do so. Just buy tokens.

And then do the WQ because you enjoy them. Not because they give gold.

2 Likes

Something to do when in bg que.

Unbelievable that the mindset is “throw more money at the game”…

15 Likes

I have more fun when I earn the gold I spend by playing the game. Buying tokens feels a bit like using a cheat code or hex-editing a save file in a single player game. It’s something I think could kill the game for me if it became my standard approach.

I don’t mind that people buy tokens, and I understand the reasoning (value of time, limited time to play, etc). But for me personally, I don’t want to slip into the mindset where I evaluate activities with real money in mind, like, farming 100k takes me x hours, and I could make x euros in that time. I know that would happen to me if I started buying tokens.

Keento - new season. Would you like to explore M0 with your tank? I’d be happy to heal while I learn the mechanics of these new-to-me dungeons.

3 Likes

If the gold farming from WQs/weeklys was so inefficient, why bother nerfing it?

4 Likes

I got 1k from the Loam Niffen box last night.

Sure.
Tried M2 yesterday and got utterly destroyed :dracthyr_lulmao:
Running more M0 to get the mechanics under control and upgrade pieces sounds good.

I’d like that. We can even do heroics if you need to catch up on gear. How do we get in touch? I’ve tried whispering, but I actually don’t know if it works that way.

Am not ingame right now, doing lunch :stuck_out_tongue:

But whispering Keento - Argent Dawn should reach me when I am online.
If you want, can also do a battle.net friend request, totally okay with that: Olivar#21758
Or you can reach me over Discord: Olivar

I should be online again in the afternoon, as some guildies wanted to run more m0 before our RP event (or maybe after), so if I catch you online, can drag you along if you want with what we call our “goob runs”

Thanks! Sent you a request (mivo).

This afternoon I will probably be busy with a couple friends who asked earlier, but I play a lot and am on frequently, so we’ll definitely find time.

1 Like

Sure, can always send me whispers, I don’t bite (often XD).
Never hurts to ask, if I’m busy I will just tell you, if not, I’ll pester you till you invite me XD

1 Like

That is really okay! I have a two raid nights and play some with friends, but I’d like to make new friends and have a larger pool of players to play with - which is why I reached out! I’m generally on a lot, with plenty of time.

We have too many healers in my social circle, so my options are to play either dps more, which I don’t really want to, or to expand the group of people I play with. The current season’s dungeons are all new to me since I didn’t play in S1 and S2, so I want to learn them from scratch - preferably with people who don’t already want to tackle 10s in the first week, like some of my friends (I don’t fit into the group anyway if I want to heal), but would also like to learn without stress or ambition.

1 Like

I’m always up for making new friends ingame :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just had x1 loam and x1 emerald dream weekly boxes, 250g each.

If you like spending actual real life money on a video game in game gold system more luck to you pal.

1 Like

That sounds like the renown box, not the weekly quest box.

The weekly quest boxes seem to have been nerfed to 250g, and the renown boxes down to 1k.

Also i did my usuall WQ farm after saturday evening reset and noticed that they were hardly any gold ones up. After doing all zones gold quests i had made around 6K… which is less than half the amount i’d normally make doing them.

Nothing new honestly and not surprised

Im sorry… throw money at a thing I enjoy doing? Like what difference is there to going to the cinema?

I buy 1 token every 3 months. 1 token is the price of 3 beers where I live. And when I go out with my friends 3 beers is the “fun” of about 2h.

So for the price of 2h of a bar I get 3 months of enjoyment.

What is your mindset? All is said is that to get 1000g, its more efficient to get a job, work 1h and buy that 1000g than to farm in-game for 1h.

You guys talk as if wow was gold was some sort of job… or obligation…