Gold. That damned metal

I have a problem. I’m questing through “old content” with multiple alts on both factions, doing everything possible, getting all possible mounts, pets, appearances, achievements… you know the drill.
Some mounts cost a fortune, building a garrison for more than 50 characters costs another fortune but the old content doesn’t really give money to do it.

I could farm herbs, ores and leather like I have done so far and sell them in AH but now it seems I can be deep in the mud if someone who has gotten gold illegitimately goes and buys my mats. It doesn’t matter if I know about it or not.

I could farm old instances like I have also done but if I go too many times in same place I might be suspected of botting and since bans are automated and cs replies with a bot (ironically), that’s not an option anymore.

Or I could be a good customer and buy WoW Tokens but they cost real money and since I’m permanently unable to be employed I don’t really have extra cash lying around.

So far as a solution I have mostly used the very old tactic of “playing another mmo” but after seeing this world since Burning Crusade (though with my previous account) I kinda consider Azeroth to be my real home in the virtual world.

Any ideas?

What?

/10chars

The game throws gold at you from doing WQs, furthermore once you get enough turnover rep for their associated faction cache for 3500 gold.

One character easily makes 25-30k per week quickly doing just them Gold WQs in DF alone. 4 Characters you’re looking at 100+k per week…

If you’re opting to ignore that and solely focus on old content that isn’t lucrative that’s on you. Blizzard nerfs raw and direct gold income from older expansions [SL paragon caches still give 3500g].

:thinking:

Tell me, at an all you can eat buffet, is your goal to sample things till you’ve had your fill or is it to eat everything on the buffet?

It’s for you to approach the game how you see fit but if its causing you problems then reassess it?

1 Like

Not a bad idea to be honest.

I’m not aware of bans through selling on the AH when the buyer was caught using gold that was obtained via breaking the ToS.

As for farming old content and getting banned for being a bot, that’s just absurd. You can do 10 instances per hour and raids have a lockout. So unless you are actually botting, I’m not sure what your complaint is.

Some things cost a lost as they are designed to be gold sinks for established characters who have millions, not new characters. I think gold making is the core of your argument. So to achieve what you want, you’ll need a mix of new and old content, knowledge of what sells and utilising the AH. At this point of Dragonflight and the game, you wont generate a lot of gold by just doing quests, killing mobs and selling reagents. You need other wealthy people to buy the rare stuff they’re too rich to bother farm themselves.

Also, remember, you are playing expansions that were designed to have progress built over the course of an expansion lifecycle, not in a couple of days/weeks.

2 Likes

to make gold for my 36 alts i fly the dragon races so far this expac i have made 8 million , i expect to be around 10 million gold at the end , each char keeps their gold as i dont have a bank alt .

As I’m the only remaining member of my guild, I use guild bank for that. Or I used until the latest patch broke it, hopefully it’ll be fixed soonish.

I guess I have to activate my druid who’s the only character who has bothered to travel to Dragon Isles.

Agreed, that’s not a thing. If you use the AH to sell, then you are not responsible for how someone else’s gold was obtained.

But herbs/ores/leather don’t make money anyway.

To get the Garrison trained mounts you only need to do it on one character.

2 Likes