Good and bad fantasy races

Ok boomer.

3 Likes

Okay Milennial.

2 Likes

Okay male Human Paladin main and closeted Human fanboy.

3 Likes

Characters that are part of the problem: Jaina, Arthas, Lothar, Danath, Bolvar, Darion, Mograine, Tirion, Uther, Daelin, Katherine, Shaw, Halford, Terenas, Garithos, Genn, Ansirem, Khadgar, Anduin, Varian, Rhonin, Nathanos even. All those humans who just exist to be in the spotlight period of time. Cut their cast down and give everyone else room to breath eventually.

You are so intoxicated with humans, it’s amazing! Like, I also love humans, Stormwind and Kul Tiras namely, but even I don’t talk about them so obsessively. Teach me Jabjan! I have never seen a crazier Human fanboy!

5 Likes

I think there is a much better argumentation in the WOW-Forum on the other side of the big lake why humans like them are currently in WOW bring more harm than good to the whole setting.

What humans should be like

Average magician users, relatively good warriors, good knights and powerful paladins and priests. Good diplomats, averagely intelligent and relatively good at finding middle ways, but ultimately not the people what above all others, I find other settings have found better solutions there to give humans their own role instead of just writing them to best of the best.

But in the end it’s Blizzard’s Lore, and even if in many places it automatically makes other races look stupid simply by the existence of overpowering humans. (whether millennia-old draenei, or elves, whether war-experienced warriors like Muradin), logically no human could ever catch up with the age and experience advantage, even if you’re extremely lazy, you’d take the championship in everything, fighting can be better than any human could, or have more understanding and experience of magic than any human if you could even live to be half a millennium old, and then with several millennia?

But Blizz ignores that because they say every race has the same potential, every race can have individuals that break out of the schema and everything else out of the way.

2 Likes

Elves are just pretty humans with pointy ears anyway ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

That moment when you realise that I only have three 120 character, this one, a Highmountain tauren monk, and a Blood Elf paladin. This one being the one I play the most. The Highmountain tauren monk being the one I raided on… although it was only for three bosses back when Uldir was first released because this expansion has the succ. And the Blood Elf I just happened to level with a friend.

Not much Blood Elf main about me, silly you.

Also, I just want to point out once again the state humans are in right now:

• Stormwind: Surprisingly healthy, despite the yearly threat that seeks to destroy it. Most recently we had Zul almost burn down the entire city with one torch.
  • Stromgarde: Rebuilt and in Alliance hands again, but who honestly cares? It’s been reduced to a glorified Garrison.
  • Alterac: Destroyed, as it should be. Treacherous scum.
  • Lordaeron: Destroyed, as it should NOT be. It belongs to Calia.
  • Kul Tiras: Healthy, though it was ravaged by civil war and the Fourth War.
  • Dalaran: Healthy, but it’s hard to even consider it a human city anymore.
  • Gilneas: Yeah…
  • Theramore: Yeah… (x2)

But please, do continue with the idea that humans are unstoppable and are Blizzard’s pets.

I write still with my void elf…have two dwarves, 1 night elf, 1 orc, 2 trolls
, 2 bloodelfs, 4 humans, 1 Kul’Tiran, 1 Worgen…i play many classes and races :wink:

Stormwind, Kul Tiras, Dalaran, Stromgarde. That is already more than most other races have had to begin with. Humans are doing fine.

Sell that package to someone else, Meleron. And no, raid-wise, the expansion is completely fine.

You can remove Dalaran anyway since it’s neutral. And no, they are not doing fine, it’s literally in their race description that they are a hardy race which recently faced collapse but remains strong in the face of adversity.

Strangely, I know that name from googling “flying goat”.

Summary

“Same goes for the story it needs consistency otherwise you will forever be confused, there are no issues to be settled because BAM, changed! BAM, no more! BAM, random flying goat!”

1 Like

Real humans would actually struggle to achieve victory. Warcraft humans just waltz over everything and say GG afterwards. Like, First war(Garona assassinating Llane selt their lost war. Not a military or tactical defeat), second war, invasion of draenor, both recent faction wars. Not at any time you had the feeling they ever were breaking sweat about it. BORING. At least Warhammer humans actually struggle while under siege from all sides(Chaos, Beastmen, Greenskins, Skaven and many others). But the demigod humans of Warcraft are top of the charts just because the writers are hacks.

Yeah well, I know that name from the famous Frozengrip and the seven Sanctums debate.

The dude also claimed how the entire Alliance wouldn’t be able to take Quel’Thalas, defended by blood elves alone, but he isn’t a blood elf main, silly me. God forbid.

1 Like

Warcraft I ends with Stormwind being destroyed, Warcraft III starts with Lordaeron being destroyed, MoP starts with Theramore being destroyed, BfA starts with Lordaeron being lost forever (potentially). So no.

Not because they lost any battle. But because Garona mindcontrol from Gul’dan kicked in. Stormwind was doing fine defending itself. There is no weakness that holds them down(population wise, strenghtwise, magical experience or technological advances nope, all of that is covered and uptodate), no obstacle to overcome, and no struggles to deal with. They are portrayed as being the best and default race of Azeroth just because they are humans. That’s all. Bland and boring. Can’t expand further on divine made perfection.

The level 110 rogue? :rofl:¨

What a great main! :smirk:

Hey, I am not a Gilnean fan either, my only worgen is level 19 or so.