Good and bad fantasy races

Or maybe they were winning because they had the defenders’ advantage?

If you can’t even stand the Worgen gift, should you even be allowed to be called a TRUE son of Gilneas at all? :thinking:

Yes. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Oh, so Lorna Crowley isn’t a daughter of Gilneas

No, her dad’s name is Darius.

4 Likes

Quite true.

I’d disagree a bit about the Taurens, it’s like you wrote this with the anger of a Sylvanas-fanboy - which is a shame because I actually think the Tauren are not as much interesting as they should.

Anyway
WoW is built on the fancy and often stupid “reverse the trope so make it new!” recipe.
At first it was brilliant we must confess, but now it piles more and more, the recipe of Warcraft race-making is way too much obvious.

Take Orcs and make them sensible and honorful.
Take Dark Elves and make them good-aligned and all-natural.
Take Minotaurs and make them american native-flavored.
Take Zombies and make them cunning.
Take Goblins and make them sophisticated.

…And it derailed:
Take High elves and make them vain and sadist (that’s called Naggarothi, sorry Metzen, it was meant to be taken already :confused: )
Take Demons (Eredar) and make them good-aligned, crystal-worshipping and light-imbued like angels
Take Werewolves and make them “For the Alliance !”

That’s what he is.

1 Like

See at 0:12

Wait, how does this count, but WCIII “Vengeance for Zul’jin!” does not? :thinking: Are we cherry-picking a bit?

5 Likes

Literally nobody mentioned that.

Not on this thread. Erevien, since you are an advocate for WCIII, I name you Zuljinson. Bear the name with honor!

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree on this.
From the very beginning, trolls have been the poor relation of wow, repeatedly abused as raid fodder whenever blizzard was running out of other opponents for a moment. A shame, really.

However, this is also what makes trolls as a race appealing for me ( among many other things ).
They can attack us all over again and kill us by the thousands, but they cannot get rid of us no matter how hard they try. Hardships and suffering only make us stronger.
Just take the Darkspear for example. They were few to begin with when they first reached Durotar and constantly under attack, and yet they have not only provided the best warchief the horde ever had ( no bias here, obviously :wink: ) but played a crucial part in every conflict up until bfa, where it is mostly thanks to Rokhan that old differences could be settled and the gap between Darkspear and Zandalari be bridged.

I for one am hopeful that the fact that Zandalari are so popular might change Blizzard’s attitude towards trolls in the future, and in a positive way.

4 Likes

As a wise troll once said:

De Amani never give up! We never forget! We never die. Dis is our land. You wanna stay, you stay here forever! We gonna bury you here.”

8 Likes

Elves are just humans for people who got bullied at school.

6 Likes

Still one of the best trailers of wow.

8 Likes

In honor of Erevien, I have created a small list of my own.

Best races:

1. The ones I like.

Mid-tier:

1. The ones I am neutral towards.

Bottom-tier:

1. The ones I hate

Thanks for your attention!

8 Likes

Trolls are just lizardmen but without the scales and more annoying.

Elves are just humans with pointed ears and more annoying

4 Likes

Aeula lizardwoman, look at that mask.

3 Likes

Though I think you are right about humans, I kind of feel the need to defend them since I main one, so I’ll reply you with this video that explains the true might of humanity.

5 Likes