Good gaming mouse for FPS games and MMO's

Hey all,

Im looking for some help on finding a mouse which has a decent amount of side buttons to help with playing MMO’s such as WoW but i also play some FPS games such as Overwatch and R6Siege.

Currently i use Roccats Kone XTD Optical, Its been good to me for the past 4 years ive had it but its wearing down and it only has two side buttons which never felt like enough for me.

After doing some research it seems like most MMO players prefer the Logitech G600 or the Razer Naga, The Naga is off the table for me after reading some reviews everyone seems to agree that it would break alot earlier than another no razer product. (I have used some Razer products in the past and they always seem to break early into their lifespan)

The G600 seems to be standard best MMO mouse from what ive read but i don’t like the third clicker on the right side (Think its called the G-Shift button), It also came out in 2012 which is pretty old and i was hoping for a more modern one.

Overall im really unsure what to get so hopefully someone on this forum can give me some advice, The more side buttons the better but ill gladly give up some buttons if the mouse is good. (Preferably 6 or more)

Thanks for reading, Hopefully someone can help.

TLDR - Want a new modern mouse with 6 or more side buttons to help me play MMO’s but also decent at FPS games.

Edit: Forgot to say that im considering to have an FPS mouse and an MMO mouse connected to my PC and swap between them depending on the game im playing but i would like to hear some opinions on doing something like that, Im worried it would mess with muscle memory and maybe cause some glitches on my PC.

The mouse - whatever task you use it for - is one of the things that has fallen foul of an internet-predominant buying world… you need to get a feel of the item to know whether it’ll suit your needs, irrespective of the features it offers.

It doesn’t matter how many buttons it has, how accurately it tracks… if you don’t like how it feels in your hand, it’s no good for you. Sure, you can ‘get used to it’, but if it doesn’t feel right, you’re on a bad footing straight away.

Supplementary:
Online retailers could do worse than offer an “ergonomic” exchange option, for just such this reasoning.

I posted in another post and i am really happy with the Logitech G Pro, whilst it only has 4 side buttons (2 either side) and the usual middle click and left/right. Having said that it’s light, battery lasts 80 hours and it only has a logo that you can colour change or disable. So it doesn’t look like a spaceship on the desk.

Worth a look if nothing else.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.