Good laptop options for Classic WOW?

Any recommendation? I am looking for something compact and cute…

I am looking at HP probook 640 (maybe i3) those look elegant and small enough. I was wondering if you guys have better options to recommend?

Since it’s running the 2006 version of the game (correct me if any major adjustments to the client which may affect performance have been made), I would imagine anything from that time until now will do. As for actual makes and models, can’t help you there, but I hope that’s helped somewhat.

1 Like

You’re looking at something cheap but not too cheap. The cheapest comps usually have processors that have trouble rendering youtube videos and generally run with some stutter.

The HP Probook 640 i3 I found has a 4th gen intel processor which is from 2013-ish, so you’re looking at a 7 year old laptop. I don’t know what your PC budget is but I think you can find a cheaper used laptop which is more recent and has better specs.

7 years in PC terms is a long time and I would personally look for AMD Ryzen 1000-4000 series laptops, the newest AMD Ryzen 4700U processor has 8 cores which is a pretty big deal for a laptop, since most of them have used 2-4 cores for the past 15 years or so.

1 Like

A potatoe or a toaster will do.

1 Like

You need a relatively good CPU as the game is CPU demanding. Aside of that you need either a strong iGPU (which pretty much limits to current 4000 Ryzen and current and upcoming *G7 Intel CPUs) or dGPU.

That’s kind of Retail requirements and even though Classic has lower - low power ultrabook chips can have low cTPD set or iGPU hammered in other way that would make it trash even on Classic - so lower tier parts even if can run Classic fine can’t be picked without checking reviews of given device.

Right now there are 14" (or bit smaller to likely) laptops with Ryzen 4700U which would be best entry level portable laptop that can do WoW although not on high settings. 4600U, some older/used laptops with MX250/MX350 could also be an option.

The question is - what’s your budget.

Personally I played some Classic on my macbook and that worked fine, but there’s probably much cheaper options as long as you don’t mind using laptops that run windows.

Most modern mid to low-tier laptops will probably work fine with no issues.

Classic ≠ WoW in 2006… It’s a lot more demanding.
Get a mid-end laptop of todays standard.

Client is not the 2006 version but modified from legion so system requirements are way higher than original vanilla. Despite all the old assets pasted ontop of it.

ur nans microwave will do nicely

It depends how much you want to spend. Any second hand think pad will do and X series is super nice and compact. Also they’re nicely documented, have huge communities and you can replace whatever breaks easily. I’d go for a X220 for 100-150 eur on ebay if it’s just for wow classic. Spending more would feel like a waste

Asus Zephyrus G14, good looking, nice specs, cheap price

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650Ti, 4 GB
  • AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600H
  • 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
  • 76wH Battery
  • 120hz monitor

Some great ideas in this thread but just to follow up, we have system requirements listed for Wow Classic at this link. If you ensure your new choice meets those, you should be good :slight_smile:

Ah I didn’t know that.

anything from early 2000 on wards should do the trick.

hp zbook 17 g6
works when ur not home

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.