Gorefiend's grasp can no longer be cast on self?

I can no longer cast gorefiend’s grasp on myself.
The alt-key to self cast does not work.
Using a macro to self cast doesn’t work.

However, other spells still work properly. For example, I can still cast gift on the naaru on myself. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

It’s new to me, that you could do that in the past.
I remember it to deal minimal dmg and pull enemies to a targeted mob

Working fine here. Be certain that you didn’t assign that alt-bind to something else.

it doesn’t work here either

I checked, it alt-cast works fine for other spells. It’s just gorefiend’s grasp that doesn’t work for some reason.

I mean that if you have bound GG to Q, be certain that you haven’t bound anything else to Alt-Q. Assign it to a button and then clear the bind to be sure.

I tried putting it on different hotkeys, different places in my actionbar, I’ve tried both alt + mouse click and alt + hotkey. I even tried macros with [target=player]. Nothing seems to work for gorefiend’s grasp, and it’s the only spell that has this issue.

try this macro, its fine for me

/tar YOUR NAME
/use Gorefinds Grasp
/targetlasttarget

Doesn’t work either. It won’t even switch targets when I use the full macro. The commands only work if I try them seperatly. Which isn’t exactly a solution

#showtooltip Blutschattens Griff
/tar Lênovos
/use Blutschattens Griff
/targetlastarget

thats my macro but in german

u dont see the switch, its instant switch oin you and back ^^

Well that one does switch to me, but it doesn’t switch back, and it doesn’t actually cast gorefiend’s grasp for some reason either (and yes, I changed Blutschattens griff to gorefiend’s grasp)

The lack of switchback is because there’s a typo; the last line should be /targetlasttarget.

Also you can use /target player to target yourself.

The individual commands work, but the macro as a whole still tries to cast it on the mob for some inexplicable reason.

Sadly still broken :frowning:

even this doesn’t work:
/cast [@player] Gorefiend’s Grasp.
Game forgot it can be cast on self.

Can’t you do this:

/target player
/cast Gorefiend’s Grasp
/targetlasttarget

Any news on this ?
it is really anoying to not be able to use the /cast [@player] Gorefiend’s Grasp macro
really big big QoL downgrade here and it seems like blizzard didn’t notice it ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.