Got back my stolen account but I can't play it

Hi everyone,
I stopped playing wow about 3 years ago. A few days ago I wanted to come back and play wow as well as overwatch and Hearthstone. The email address I used on this account was no longer in use so I opened a ticket that my account has probably been stolen.

My account got changed back to my old email address but the GM I had chat with never mentioned that there is a ban on wow account. I asked him if anyone was using this account recently, he said not for a while. No info was shared regarding this account, like what happened to it, who could have used it was the IP close to me that accessed it or on the other side of the world. No info l, nothing.

Then once I realised my wow account is banned, which had a few black market mounts, about 100 fel spreaders in my bank, lost of precios items and 2-3 Million gold. I mainly used wow to generate gold and play the auction house.

So anyway, I opened a second ticket regarding the ban and they got back to me with this:

Greetings Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I hope that you are well.

Our team has reviewed the action against your World of Warcraft account and I’m afraid that the decision to close it is correct. The closure will not be removed however should you wish to play wow again, you can always create a new World of Warcraft account.

Thanks for your understanding.

Blizzard seems to ignore the fact that I have not used the account. They can surely see the IP that abused the account. So my question is why is the ban upheld? This account was so precious to me I just can’t believe they wouldn’t even explain why can I not have it back.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m desperate here.

Thanks

they most likely saw that the ip used is yours or was used by you back when it happend, you can try doing data request to see if they still have your login data from back when your account got stolen, when i request my information i saw they pretty much log everytime you log in and also keep a chat log.

to request your personal data go here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services

when on that page press ‘‘data protection’’ and then press ‘‘obtain a copy of my data’’

sadly you wont get much help on the forum cause blizzard cms are not allowed to discuss it here.

It can’t be my ip, apparently the account got banned about 8 months ago.

then my guess whould be that the person that used it has been logging in to it for about 2 years and blizzard assumes its the account owner.

best thing whould be doing a request for the account info so you can see when and for how long they used your account.

Ok, I have requested the download already. I’ll wait and see what happens. Thanks for help

Hey Talkingblues,

Please note that we are not able to look into account actions or disputes. You are welcome to dispute the action again, but please this can only be done through a ticket as you have done before.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!