GPUCache folder in WoW folder

Hey!
I can’t remember exactly when this started appearing, but if I remember correctly it was immediately following the 8.2 release. Every now and again a folder called ‘GPUcache’ will create itself inside the main WoW folder (retail to be specific) and I have no idea where it’s coming from. I’ve tried googling it and the only result I get is another wow forum post where a GM responded saying it shouldn’t be there, or that it wasn’t important. If it wasn’t important, why would it keep showing up?

Anyone know where it’s coming from, and if it’s necessary for WoW to function in any way? I’ve had severe performance issues since 8.2 launched, not sure if it’s connected in any way.

2 Likes

I noticed same “GPUcache” in my retail folder and made some testing. Apparently when you open in-game browser like shop or make a ticket it will create that folder and also some other folder like “Worl” was created to same games folder where my wow is. Some people report theres “Progra” folder in C-drive

I don’t have any Adobe products so thats not causing it like blue post claimed.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t have any Adobe products either, but that in-game browser/shop thing makes sense. Just confused me since the bluepost response said there shouldn’t be a folder under that name in retail folder at all. Thanks for verifying!

1 Like

I know this is old. But the bluepost from the US forum is wrong. I’ve tested this myself and all the timestamps and everything checks out. These folders and files are indeed created when you click around in the ingame browser where you can find news and make tickets.

1 Like