Grand melee roll the bones, an idea

You know how everyone dislikes grand melee because it’s by far the worst buff?

You could change it like this, either it increases your melee speed even further, or it could make your mastery double proc, so when you get a proc of mastery with grand melee, it hits twice. Make the current grand melee buff baseline for all specs instead.

Buried treasure is also not that great, but i can’t come up with a good idea at the moment.

I think i once saw someone post about making buried treasure give you 1 extra combo point along changing the 4 extra energy to increasing energy regen by a %, since 4 flat energy gets worse and worse the more gear you have.

Would be cool if it increased the mastery proc chance from 30 to like 50 or something; Might even make mastery less of a dead stat for this spec, though probably not;

2 Likes

I agree, mastery should increase the proc chance, and also the damage, obviously the damage would be increased less than now.

The thing is, no one actually cares about main gauche damage, all they care about is the proc for energy.

But if it only increases the proc like in legion, mastery would scale terribly, so a mix of both is the best.

I would avoid any more buffs to Melee speed. While effective, White Hits do not provide any feedback, they don’t improve the gameplay experience. However, increasing Mtr might be a better solution, and there could be some ways for the Stat to scale better too.

If it was up to me, I’d just simply remove 2 of the most boring buffs from RtB, so it would only be a max 4 buffs. This would lessen the RNG, so you would be less reliant on pure RNG to make up for your damage. It would also give more room for the buffs, that actually have a meaningful impact in the flow and gameplay of the Spec. Numbers can always be adjusted, so I think if the concept of RtB was designed to feel more like a fun bonus, less like a let down, if you don’t get the right buffs, that would help a lot.

I disagree on removing the buffs, it’s very unlikely to happen anyway, roll the bones is modeled after a dice, a dice generally has 6 faces.

I would make grand melee and buried treasure better.

Iv’e had an idea actually, either grand melee makes main gauche proc twice, or they take the current 2 set piece for outlaw, and make it the buff granted by grand melee.

Buried treasure instead should increase energy recharge by a % instead of a flat 4 energy, and grant 1 extra combo point.

1 Like

Main Gauche literally means Parrying Dagger. Ability names don’t often have much to do with game mechanics.

In any case, it’s just another approach, that would attack one of the main issues many people have had, since they first introduced the ability. I wouldn’t mind improving some of the buffs, but that still wouldn’t really do that much to counteract what many people feel is very unsatisfying about the ability.

1 Like

Yea it’s a weird name to be honest.

They probably thought it sounded cool, but it makes literally no sense.

You are talking about rtb ability? Or the buff itself? Because this way grand melee would either provide you pistol shot when main gauche procs, which is cool, or provide more energy in general with double proc.

While buried treasure extra energy and combo point would also be cool.

But if you are talking about RTB itself, the ability has already largely been fixed, the rng is diminished by count the odds which was one of the best addition to outlaw, i think they should make the buff last 10 seconds though. And the fact that it no longer uses combo points was also a good idea, so you don’t constantly try to reroll buffs to get something good.

With these 2 changes rtb became from a really annoying ability to a really cool one.

1 Like

Newer rogue player here.

I actually thought Grand Melee was one off the best buffs too have :man_shrugging:.
Allowing me to completely ignore the buff and instead dump more into my damage finishers…

No, it’s by far the worst one.

Late to the train but Grand Melee is middle of the tree, it’s not great nor bad. Grand Melee only see some nice usage in Solo play due to the Leech it provides, it can come in clutch when you pull too much or such.
List usually goes:

1. Ruthless Precision
  2. Skull and Crossbones
  3. Broadside
  4. Grand Melee
  5. True Bearing
  6. Buried Treasure
1 Like

What are you talking about dude?

Grand melee is the worst, i don’t know why the hell you would think that true bearing is worse.

Buried treasure i could say that i see the argument, but true bearing no, not even close.

Mine was a personal list, we do have relentless blades so you get the reduction anyway which is why the true bearing drops off a bit more than Grand Melee, but from a personal standpoint and my playstyle and content, that is the list.

The cd reduction is far superior to 2 seconds of slice and dice per combo point.

It’s not about a personal list, it’s about being straight up wrong. True bearing is far superior in terms of damage than melee.

That would be really boring.

I think they already have the solution for rng with count the odds.

And in dragonflight it seems like it will be easier to proc it through ambush, i would also personally increase the duration from 5 to 10 seconds, and double or triple that with ambush.

All they need to do is fix some of the lesser buffs. Mainly buried treasure and grand melee.

We already have SnD, and a lot of us would like to get rid of it. RtB is meant to provide an amount of unpredictability to the rotation. The concept is good, very fitting for the Class and Spec. One could argue about how the different buffs from RtB could be improved, or how a single ability might be doing way too many things, but the concept itself is sound.

Yea i don’t plan to remove rtb, i really didn’t like the legion version of it, but right now it’s fine.

And could be even better with some changes.

An overly static rotation with nothing to look forwards to is actually really boring.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.