Graphics flickering since 2 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-KVPmn1pnk&feature=youtu.be had this flickering issue while using rtss on driver 457.51.

Had to use nvidia fps limiter which is fine and all with no flicker.

Fixed by disabling MSAA as indicated by you. However, this shouldn’t be necessary.

Disablin MSAA doesn’t work for me.

nVidia has posted in the most recent patch notes they’re working with Blizz to fix this. However, this issue has been going on for so long now :frowning:

Since last patch (9.0.5) AMD users also have this problem. I found out and it is okey for now if you switch to DX11. Option with DX12 will be terrible for now.

I hope Blizz and AMD/nVidia will do something about this problem.
Keep it up !

Half a year later, Still not fixed. Shocking.

2 Likes

My guess is, nvidia is making Blizzard pay a big price for their AMD support campain.

And since no one cares about the mighty Blizz now, we have this issue for more than 5 months

New drivers are out and still it’s marked as an issue. According to US forums textures still flicker. This is really unacceptable.
People cannot play other games because old drivers causing problems but if they update they get dizzy in WoW.

How is it possible that the largest MMO on the market is threated no better than a common game designed in a basement?

You have millions of paying customers and they don’t care if it’s on nvidias, you should force their hand to fix it.

4 Likes

i use a 1080 and was having that too,but after i disable the riva tuner osd for fps count no more flickering . thats why i told it could be that .

Must have been a coincidence.

The most recent Nvidia update still states the flickering is known issue. It’s been months. Unbeliveable

yeah i see that now on nvidia known problems xD for almost 1 year xD…but for sure when i use the msi afterburner osd to see the fps ,the flicker are even worse(normally black squares on the map etc).

hope they fix it soon ^^

1 Like

It’s kinda worse after this driver update.
I login and it flickers instantly. After fiddling with ‘advanced’ settings to set the default gcard, it gets temporarily fixed…but the moment I change zone, it goes back to lightshow.
It’s really unacceptable. This is gonna be almost a year now without a fix.
The heck is going on over there?

Ignoring major issues and making us wait 8 months for patches it seems. While offering automated support, You legit get treated better off free to play trash titles.

This is a nvidia driver problem

I would have expected that Baltic, who has made many many interesting and useful posts in the past, would realise that Blizzard are not nVidia, nor do they own nVidia.

This is a problem with nVidia’s drivers, and nVidia have even admitted such.

Well this is what is happening when blizz changes sides , they are endorsing AMD now so i guess this has to affect Nvidia prioritizing that bug fix. I love democracy ! :))

Not only am I getting extreme flickering in WoW with latest drivers, but I’m also experiencing some major issues with them:
466.63 driver = Random Black Screen + change of default audio device while playing a game.
466.77 driver = Blue Screen of Death while installing it. However, attempting second installation/reinstallation didn’t make BSOD appear anymore.

These issues are also reported on NVidia forums.

All I can say is that NVidia is being very sloppy and becoming worse with each new driver. I’ve never had these issues happen to me before, but here they are.
I’m seriously thinking about going for an AMD G-card now.

1 Like

Good news everyone. It will be fixed on the next driver

[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341] → This issue will be resolved in the next NVIDIA driver release.

3 Likes

Well, the fix didn’t last long.

I’m getting some flickering once again… Not as bad as previously, but it’s happening once again

Please do not bump very old threads.