Great Vault Question

Hey, so I remember Ion saying in one of the interviews in BfA that the Great Vault would be more likely to have an item from a specific dungeon the more you ran that dungeon that week. Does that apply, or did it not make it into the game?

Edit: I guess, the system isn’t like this at all. And it’s far dumber than they advertised.

2 Likes

So if I do a 14 Necrotic Wake, and then run like 10 5+ to 10+ HoAs, is it possible for the 226 piece to be from HoA?

No.

your weekly mythic+ loot is like this.

The first choice, comes from the highest key you ran that week. If it was a 14 necrotic, then it’ll be a necrotic 226 loot.

The second choice is your 4th highest key. If you had a 10 mists, it’ll be a 10 mist loot. And if it’s 10 mists as well as 10 from 3 other dungeons, one loot from either one of those dungeons.

And the final loot comes from your 10th highest key that week.

Oh damn, I guess I’m getting a trash 226 piece then, lol. Thank you.

No.

I did not run a M+10 Tirna Scithe last week, and my bracers are from Tirna Scithe.

So this is a big fat lie.

My top dungeon last week was a +10 Necrotic Wake OVERTIME.

My ilvl 220 option was

at ilvl 220.

I did not complete a +10 at all, under time, over time or beyond space and time last week (unless I time travel in the future???).

I have NEVER completed a Tirna Scithe on +10, but that was my option.

No, don’t listen to him. He’s in the wrong.

Oh, cool you’re giving me some hope for a fat staff :smiley: thanks

ok. So you’re telling me you got a 220 gear from Tirina, without doing tirina at all? What was the tirina key you did that week?

A +8.

My druid did Plaguefall +7 and got 216 Shoulders from Plaguefall.

So no. It does not at all work the way you wrote out.

I also got a 210 boots from De Other Side, and I haven’t done mythic keystone De Other Side at all.

So it seems like vault loot comes from every single dungeon, only variance is ilvl based on your specific set of runs.

As per usual.

Maybe they proclaimed it would be different this expansion, but I did not know, nor would I expect it to be.

If they did proclaim it to be different, shame on them.

Well then. I guess either it’s a bug that the system is like this, or it’s the stupidest system ever or you’re wrong.

I guess we just do one mythic 14 of the easiest dungeon in the game, then run 9 mythic 2’s and get the reward from that mythic 2 dungeon that we wanted.

Either way, if this is the case, then vault is a lot dumber than they explained.

Based on the 220 i got last week i got and the explanation about the vault that they said, i assumed this to be the case.

Guess not.

I am rarely wrong if I speak about it, or prove me otherwise.

You can check my profile here on the official warcraft armory.

And my druid - Everencia - Draenor.

You can see that neither character has done a M+ of the equivalency of the higher ilvl they have, in correspondent dungeon.

This is patently false. There’s no way to vet the items you get from your great vault, every dungeon drop is on the great vault loot table whether you did the dungeon or not.

As per the “chest of disappointment” that has always been COMPLETELY random no matter how many M+ you have done.

Well then. I guess my loot being specifically chosen from my best, 4th and 10th dungeon run last week was by accident.

It was entirely coincidental, yes.

Not accident. By chance.

I agree. And I sometimes do so myself.