Group Finder Improvements in Wrath Classic

So RDF stops Bill from buying boost for gold and going into AFK making his sales report chart in between resets?

Not really. It was implemented in Patch 3.3.5. This patch included RDF and ICC.
But right now we start in patch 3.3.5. Ofcourse ICC won’t be implemented from the start, but why can’t the other main feature be?

(This comment is purely based on your reply, as I’ve been discussing other points previously)

No, but the vast majority, in my opinion, would rather do a dungeon in a random group than pay someone to run them through with gold they bought off the internet, probably sold by those boosting anyway.

1 Like

I think they are doing this not for the dungeon groups but to include custom like elite/non-solable quests or any other activity you would be spamming a channel to find a group for.

For dungeons I prefer RDF but this is not bad. I mean, since there are two opinions on this matter, this is a compromise. I have seen it work at retail and it is not bad. At least we have something.

The original dungeon finder was great, but I also think it’s good that it wasn’t introduced on day one.

Equally, I think the dungeon finder made a positive impact when one played at night. At the current state of the game, after midnight it’s almost impossible to find a group, so the dungeon finder would be a great tool for those playing in the evening, late night.

I think the original DF should be put in the game in the same patch as it was. And “random dungeon” should be an option!

I don’t see item level shown on listed players. What a bunch of crap. It’s like the useless thing we now have in TBC, with enhanced graphics. How am I supposed to know if the said players are geared enough for HCs?

Nah, better spam “LF DPS Gundrak HC 3k+ GS”. At least now I have filtered what I need and you, green ret pala, don’t even bother.

All this for simply not adding RDF.

RDF would still have been better.
But it looks decent work, however I bet 99% of the ‘groups’ listed will still be boost spam of some kind (dungeon boosts, carries, gold buying ads for g2g etc). The requirement that you have to be listed in this tool to use LFG channel also will not deter those spammers.

Because there’re more reasons for hating Retail than just RDF, such as class design and gameplay in general?

People said the same when Blizzard was considering nerfing/changing dual spec, and yet when they decided not to, there has been hardly a noise against it. I honestly doubt you’d see much of a backlash if they had done nothing about RDF in the first place. If anything, it’s anti-RDF people who’re the “vocal minority” on forums and social media, most people in-game actually don’t care or want RDF for the QoL it brings in WotLK.

Though you’re right about the last part concerning EU forums.

What about this is a compromise, exactly? It doesn’t fix anything. In fact, it might make things even worse, since the gear/class gatekeeping might be even easier to implement than in TBC. Even in TBC, I’ve seen several people trying to optimize their dungeon runs (class comp etc) even if they were well overgeared for it. This tool allows them to do it much more easily in WotLK.

If Blizzard had said that they’re simply postponing RDF it’d be one thing. But they haven’t - they’ve said they’re replacing it completely because it conflicts with their SpiritOfClassic.exe vision. Plus, if we applied the same criteria to everything, then we also shouldn’t get DKs during pre-patch, just to make another example. And we shouldn’t get this tool at all, considering it wasn’t in WotLK at any point in its history, so it is even less entitled to be in the game than RDF.

Why would it matter at all to be “put on top of the list”? If there is a simple way of checking for people’s class/spec/gear on the list, most groups will just choose what’s best for them, period. At least, in RDF, you were in a queue so you knew that, after a certain amount of time, you’d be granted to get into a group. In fact, like with BGs, you could start the queue and you’d have a decent idea of how long the waiting time would be. With LFG, you don’t have this assurance. You put your name in the tool and then it’s up to the luck of the draw - it could be 1 min, 10 min, 1h, who knows? It’ll be exactly the same as now, if not worse.

If only there was an even more important PvE activity that people come together for via guilds and pug groups… oh wait.

This is the most inane and dumb way of making up numbers I’ve seen, and I’ve seen a lot by now. Also RDF doesn’t force a damn thing because what WotLK content is has been fixed in history and won’t be changed for good and ill. You guys keep reasoning as if this was some kind of brand new expansion like Dragonflight, but we already know what WotLK content is like, and that WotLK dungeons will be trivial right from phase 1.

2 Likes

How is Darkmoon Card: Greatness any different from Lionheart Helm?
Didnt most Classes also replace almost all of their gear in Naxx 40?

How is T9 or T10 more of a powercreep than T3, T6 or Sunwell gear?

This has always happened. Thats why ZG, AQ20, ZA, Badges in Kara, new Badge items got introduced.
Older Raids HAVE TO become obsolete at one point if you dont want to do 25 hours of raiding at the end of an expansion

So how did most of what you call :poop: change in Wrath when it was always like that?

1 Like

25 hours where 90% of the loot you get is stuff nobody wants, too.

I allready anwsered that topic here:

1 Like

And I already told you that RDF doesn’t force a thing because there’s no new content to make, WotLK content is already decided from the getgo since that’s how it was.

Ok cool you just want to make the LFG like the retail one. This nice but maybe you should incentivise it better. To encourage sociable levelling try adding something for all levels as a reward for forming a group questing or doing each dungeon per day.

This buff thing, while nice is only temporary so why don’t you make it permanent afterwards as as an incentive for forming parties to quest? You could have it as only active while in range of your party member and questing or doing a dungeon. You could also have a daily dungeon reward quest giver for each level range.

Most of the player base are not a social bunch regardless (I’ve rarely had a conversation in any group I’ve made from LFG) so I’m not sure if having RFD out of the game is going to really make a difference at all. At the very least it made levelling alts a lot easier but perhaps implementing something like this will help.

You can do mental gymnastics like you want. Thing is, that the game doesn’t only consist of Dungeon Spamming with a random queue and instance teleport to 80 and then doing easymode raids. Stuff like this removes the soul/spirit from classic. There is retail for that, and retail is fine at the moment as a game. No need to have retail and retail 2.0… If the only thing that draws you to wotlk is class design, then you won’t lose that, even without RDF it will be the same for you almost, but people who are here for the contrast to retail, the social aspects, etc., will lose that type of gameplay experience.
For you it will simply be a minor inconvenience at launch until you hit 80.

2 Likes

This is literally a worse version of Bulletin Board addon. It solves nothing and based on the screenshots, it doesn’t even show multiple types of dungeons (norm, hc, raid) on one screen like BB.
But you made sure you u cant even use BB anymore (post to LFG) without listing yourself in this crap.
At least now I understand why we get no RDF - nobody would so much as touch this abomination if we had RDF. Pure ego decision. “I put work into this inferior feature nobody asked for, so I better make sure they have no option but to use it”
Pure egotistical evil. I metaphorically spit in your face Blizzars. Screw you.
By the way, do you remember when you promissed this will be in TBCC on launch? I remember.

By Elune, I despise the fact I pay you 13e per month. May you forever exist in infamy. The team that killed WotlkC, easiest remake in history.

9 Likes

It’s not one thing or the other to me, they both matter. And if you come to Classic for the “contrast to retail”, there were already other versions of the game that suited your needs. By the same logic, should we remove flying too just because some ppl feel like “if you want to zip all over the world instead of interacting with the environment, you can just go play Retail”?

And who decides, that it is inferior? Great Nicolay-Earthshaker and the people, who are raging at this in the forums? People who support this, aren’t writing here. If you look at other platforms, alot are curious happy about this new feature, and not as upset as you about it, just for the sake of being upset. There’s many other things going wrong with blizzard right now imo, but this is something very positive, because this shows, that they are worried about making Wotlk a good game.

The only people I’ve seen so far that are happy with this are those who weren’t all that upset about the current state of making dungeon groups as it is.

2 Likes

Not bad. Looks like it still needs some polishing but not bad.
What we desperately need though is clear rules and enforcement to keep boosters out of it. And to some extent the GDKPs that will try to advertise over all the dungeons/raids.

2 Likes

Looks amazing! <3

1 Like