GS and "I don't want to carry"

First of all - the GS requirements are getting insane. Especially since GS says absoulutely nothing about how well you use your abilities.

Second - the “I don’t want to carry” attitude is so utterly stupid - for 2 reasons.
1 Helping people gear up benefits all of us.
2 You are not doing anything different or “more” than you would otherwise do. Yes a dungoun takes a bit longer - so what? You have a plane to catch?

26 Likes

Problem with hc+ is that it is tuned quite high for the gear it gives.

Why would somone at 4.6k+ ever want to do a hc+ apart from emblems at the start?

So hc+ will be mainly people who are there for drops and the dungeon is really bad tuned for that gear.

7 Likes

TL;DR: Carry me!

No. Get a guild to carry you.

5 Likes

Incorrect, me helping to gear up a random person that I’m not likely to see again doesn’t benefit anybody but the random person.

I help gear guildies and friends up, but I’m basically guaranteed to play with them again. I get a return on my investment of time.

5 Likes

It takes 10 minutes to form a hc+ run and gives you incredible gear like embrace of the spider and greatring of collision, what else do you want? It shouldnt be in there in the first place, im sick of catch up mechanics so all ”new phase” andies who took a break 3 weeks into launch can come in and catch up to everyone who spent more time.

To answer the post, i generally avoid groups with ppl below 3500 gs because i know where they are coming from, they want to get carried and try to force every group to kill every boss so i can farm rep for them. Dont believe me? Had a guy ”accidently” ninja pulling 2 bosses at utgarde keep after we let him tag along with us because we felt bad, he needed on the items and then when he thought we left the group at the end he disenchanted the gear he supposedly needed.

1 Like

You could not be more wrong…and you clearly didn’t understand what I said about carrying.

3 Likes

I do the daily HC+ every day - and I quite often see the same people. Oh - and if you think you need to geet a return on your investment of time - you are a selfish bastard.

9 Likes

How does it matter? Our free time is our resource we spend on playing this game. Nothing wrong about trying to use this resource as effectively as possible. Carrying random players (especially on servers such as Gehennas or Firemaw) does not benefit me as an individual in any way, nor does it benefit the server as a whole. Servers are so big that players are pretty much anonymous and likely to not be encountered anymore.

Not even saying most players that ask for carry will hop to GDKPs as soon you finish their carry, making you an indirect RMT supporter.

1 Like

In that case, why are you complaining that they aren’t inviting you?

A bit double for me to be honest.
As a 5k gs main I also want to rush through dungeons or older raids as fast as I can because I do them to get that one item I need from the last boss.

As a close- to newly dinged hunter I’m not sure. I’m buying out all boe’s I can from the ah just so that I’ll have a higher gs and will be accepted into pug groups. I understand the struggle of a newly dinged player, especially if that’s his/her first char.

Not every guild has the capacity or people online to help every day, so pugging remains a part of the process.

2 Likes

I’m not - I have no problem finding groups

I have never seen anyone asking for a carry

2 Likes

All this is old news, its not something blizzard can fix, its the people playing that are doing it sadly.
And the most usual excuse is that they don’t want to waste extra time, but the reality is we are all playing WoW, so go figure :smiley:

3 Likes

Eh not really. When I levelled my warr to 80 it took me forever to get a HC+ group but when I did I didn’t really have many issues tanking them at 3k GS. The only difficult ones were Gundrak/DTK but that wasn’t due to my gearscore.

There’s really no reasonable excuse to ask for a minimum GS for HC+. As long as people play their class right they’re pretty easy regardless of gear.

2 Likes

It is also hilarious when a fury warrior complains about my 3.5k gs. Im sure he enjoys being poo, i make sure to let him know that his 4.9k gs equals my 3.5k

1 Like

It’s so easy to inflate gs I don’t see the problem. Took me 2 days to get to 4.3k gs on a fresh 80 warlock.

Furious neck/cloak/bracer/ring, 2-3 BoEs, couple badge pieces, few HC/HC+ then you jump in a naxx run job done you are ulduar ready.

2 Likes

Ahh, 2 days in bgs… i can think of nothing worse

4 Likes

How does helping to gear up random strangers I am (most likely) never going to meet again benefit me exactly? If anything it means there are less epics to disenchant.

This is why I inspect people before we start the run, nobody is waiting to carry someone that is missing half of his/her stats due to stacking PvP gear just to get the GS requirement.

I take great pleasure in kicking people like you out of my runs.

3 Likes

Helping people gear up only benefits if that person is in your guild, in a pug it doesn’t benefit anyone other than the person gearing up. This is why you should join a guild. Obviously in a dungeon people are keen to get the dungeon over with quickly and without issue, particularly if they have been scarred by a bad run that took too long.

I don’t use the GS addon personally, but another reason people have unreasonably high gear requirements is precisely because they cannot count on how good you are at playing the game. Statistically speaking the better geared players are likely to be on average better at the game, and if they aren’t good they have the gear to make up for it.

It is what it is, this problem has existed since before 2010 when GS gained popularity, people just used better metrics like actual stat breakdowns.

2 Likes

Boildown of entire thread:

“I just want to play but people want numbers rather than people”

“How dare you want to slow me down when I want to rush - away with you, you filthy peon! My desire for instant gratification in all things takes precedent over helping others. Now begone!”

9 Likes