[Guide] Warsong Clan: May the Warsong Never Fade

It’s a bad trait I have of always trying to see how badly I perform.

Actually, it was stupid of me. I’ll delete everyone’s save my own.

Personally I liked the fact that Manata’s guide was full of information. I didn’t/don’t know much about Warsong lore, so that it was detailed but still pretty concise imo was good, and it’s a helpful source to use as a reference. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’d like to apologise to the other guide writers, for grading it. Though I did it with what I felt was initially good intent, I forgot the ramification it could lead to, I was being thoughtless. For that I am sorry.

7 Likes

These should be pinned
Any good guide should

2 Likes

While I highly agree, we had a thread on the old forum where many of these informative guides were collated - I’m in the process of repeating the same on this one! This guide has been added to the list of “useful threads” here:

6 Likes

“Lok’tar ogar, Big brother
May the Warsong never fade”

Brilliant guide, in the memory of grom…

2 Likes

Bumping the thread so it doesn’t get lost!
Or gets locked.
For the warsong?

3 Likes

Warsong deserves much, more than anything

LOK’TAR OGAR n

Warsong deserves much, more than anything

LOK’TAR OGAR!!

2 Likes

Making sure this thread doesn’t lock for whoever is looking to get involved in Warsong RP :muscle:

4 Likes

Apparently they’re looking at turning the lock-for-inactivity feature off (if they haven’t already in general) for the forum. One can hope!

3 Likes

Not as cool as Frostwolf, but still… May the Warsong never fade!

2 Likes

As sweet as it is for people (KUMP <3) to bump, let’s bump with some Warsong discussion!

Currently Rukkha is going to work on a particular kind of Bullroarrer meant as a mouthpiece for the Air spirits. Too far as headcanon goes? I feel like there’s a lot of space to take liberties when Blizz tells us literally nothing about Warsong theme shamanism. Aside from maybe three elite mobs from WoD.

5 Likes

Too far? I think it’s a nice addition to Warsong shamanism! As long as it’s nothing completely out of the ordinary and gamebreaking I love headcanon! Go for it!

I’ve always viewed Warsong shamans myself more like cavalry battle-shamans. Driven by fiery temper, they ride on their Direwolves along with their clan into battle to guide and assist their people, considering the Warsong was more of a nomadic clan.

Lok’tar ogar!

5 Likes

Agreed, I dig the idea and am happy some Warsong remember to keep in mind the existence of bullroarer!

6 Likes

We all know REAL Warsong ride wyverns.

1 Like

A bit late but it popped up, had to see what Grolodra her clan has to expose, anyway amazingly said!
Lovely we have someone to point out who we are!
Aka’Magosh :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s too far if your character thinks it helps them feel connected to the element of Air or whirl a tribute to it, I think it’s fine.

In my headcanon the bullroarers were used both on hunts as a way to communicate across a distance, and in battles to inspire their own & intimidate the enemy like the Warsong battle drums, as well as used in celebrations as instruments. Since the WoD item is called a “Screaming Bullroarer” with a description of “This example was grooved by the Warsong to emit a high-pitched whistling noise rather than the low hum used by most other clans” it’s not far-fetched to me that it would be used to pay tribute to the element of Air as well, to make it heard.

Thanks for lifting the thread up once in a while guys - now that it’s been somet time since I wrote the op I should go over it with fresh eyes and think where it could be improved.

(Credits to nbojse on Twitter)

4 Likes

Now I am quite curious on who managed to survive carrying her like that :thinking:

1 Like