Guild and Raiding Advice needed:

Yup, wouldnt be a problem.
Also i dont really know what to make of this thread, it looks like a weird flex but because we ‘dont know’ the main i cant really determine what the real reason is.
Kinda feels like the OP isnt really that honest here and has something to hide…

It is the weekend.

So it all comes down to two points;

1. You want to raid daily, to finish the whole raid and get bis items within a month and then stop again waiting for the next raid?
  2. Everyone else is holding you back when it comes to m+ and raiding

Advise.

1. Short term; find a mythic raiding guild
  2. Long term; perhaps MMORPG is no the right type of game for you.
1 Like

Exactly, all the more reason to doubt :stuck_out_tongue:

you say you find “raiding and M+10s” easy.

that’s probably because it is easy.

try mythic raiding and mythic 20s or something. lol

dont invite undergeared players to your group.

toxicity doesnt actually stop you from progressing dungeon however.

yeah your raid leader isnt supposed to teach you how to play your class. anyone who plays the game, plays their class on their own and plays around its individual strength. for example I use AMS offensively and no one has ever told me about it :joy:

how is hunter harder to gear up than “x” class?

Sim it

change guild? :smiley:

like 7 days a week? doubt you’ll find guild like that. and if you do it will probably be some highest top end guild.

fun is subjective, hence different classes

Join mythic guild as social and put effort into gearing up when new patch starts and you’ll down entire heroic raid in a week or two

races dont change classes last time i checked.

2 Likes

Your hunter has mostly Blue and Green logs on HC. That puts you above most of the people you’re playing with, with one notable exception, who must be quite good.

You could doubtless get better if you were playing with people who are more serious about the game, and put more time in.

So if that is what you want, do it!

Find a guild that is working on Mythic. The main thing to keep in mind is that it dosn’t have to be on your current realm. Be prepared to server transfer. Also, be prepared to change faction: it’s just a raw fact that for any competitive play, Horde is more active than Alliance, and you will likely have a better future there. (At least you can keep your appearance :P)

Such a guild will also check your logs, and unless they have openings, you will have to sell yourself to them, because your logs are ok, but not outstanding. So start thinking about that.

Start looking here:

Meanwhile you should also check out Discords and Communities that arrange M+ and HC runs. Get yourself some better logs and upgrades, maybe.

The Fail Train:

Mythic Plus Friends

Scared of Dungeons

I wish you the best with it! Ask more if you need to!

8 Likes

Obvious to me you need to join a guild of likeminded players.

So why aren’t you posting on your main, advertising?

Gráinne is always impeccable. :+1:t2::hugs:

5 Likes

In addition to Grainne’s excellent response you can also list yourself as looking for a guild on sites like wowprogress. You can indicate some basics of what you are looking for and there is a box you can fill in with any additional information you wish to share. You can also indicate if you are willing to move server.

5 Likes

What do you think I’m hiding?

Addendum. I was thinking about this, and your logs.

You are one of the best in your guild, and used to seeing yourself in the top few lines of the meters. But, honestly, you are currently a medium fish in a small pond. Turalyon isn’t a major raiding realm, and Mythic is not Heroic, and you will want to show better than average logs in HC to impress a guild progressing Mythic on, say, Draenor or Tarren Mill. And you don’t have the pressure to improve when you are already one of the stalwarts.

Go to Warcraftlogs.com and put in your character name and realm. Now click through to a specific pull of a specific boss and view your own log. (Here’s a tutorial on Warcraftlogs: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraft-logs-a-comprehensive-guide/ )

Now copy the URL from your log page and go to wowanalyzer.com and paste in the URL you copied from your log page there. It will tell you the mistakes you made and things you could do better in plain English. Then apply those the next time, and see your numbers improve! :smiley:

6 Likes

Agreed with most points, especially the medium fish small pond, but you’ve also got to remember that logs don’t cut out people who died, don’t care about playing their spec optimally, or deliberately do lower DPS because of mechanics, football comes to mind this tier specifically.

Green / blue is passable for heroic, but to earnestly call it average is, in my view, a little disingenuous.

Also wowanalyzer isn’t up to date for every class and spec, though I think the BM hunter one is well maintained.

2 Likes

Just feel the need to say that Scared of dungeons is not a community meant for pushing m+ keys. Some of our members do, but we aim for finishing runs and dont care about timers. Just need to point that out since we occasionally get members that think we are a push community and leave keys if there’s wipes (which is frowned upon).

2 Likes

Yes, the numbers on some fights, especially for hunters delegated to manage mechanics, will be misleading, but, say, Wrathion?

You have more experience than I, so I’m interested: why would Green/Blue logs not be literally average? The line between Green and Blue is the 50th percentile, so Blue logs are a bit better than the average performance and Green are a bit worse.

The major reason is that deaths are not and should not be valued on a sliding scale in the way they are on WCL. Deaths make up a large percentage of logs in the lower percentiles, when as far as usefulness goes their performance should be realistically ranked at 0, instead because of the sheer number of death logs that exist, it can take up the bottom 10, even 15%.

1 Like

That’s his main

AHHHH! Thank you! I really, really should have thought of that. Huge bump at left side of the curve. It would be interesting to see how much that affects the stats … would be different on different encounters ofc …

There’s also the fact there isn’t anything linear about percentiles in relation to DPS. Percentiles rise linearly, while DPS does not, it often bottlenecks around performance at certain common item levels, and it’s very common for an increase of 10-20% nearer the middle to produce a much larger increase in DPS than it would going from 70-80. Obviously there are exceptions, and in the top top percentiles things can skew much more wildly in much smaller differences, but on the whole the point is to understand percentile is a metric of measuring you against the entire field, when it would possibly more useful to consider yourself against what is possible.

1 Like

I thought Hunter was?

2 Likes

I was thinking more in the lines of… How bad can you be if you raid 7 days a week unless you are participating in the world first race, which is kinda over by now.

Or maybe he wants to play a new character in a raid every day.

I don’t know, but I don’t get it(or well, when I was new to the game, I wanted to raid 6 nights a week).